Collectors Firearms in Houston

40Arpent

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jul 16, 2008
Houston
Just spreading the word that they will now not sell NFA items unless you have CLEO sign-off. What a spineless move on their part. Unless they reverse that policy, I'll never step foot in that store again. **** 'em!!!

Glockster69

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jul 1, 2011
That's crap and I'm not even in the market for any C3 gear. Any idea what prompted the decision?

kozmic

Dec 9, 2013
I was done with Collector's Firearms years ago... for sooo many reasons. This just adds to the list and reminds me not to give them any of my money! I don't care what they are 'worried' about. They should be on the right (correct) side of this debate - not hedging that it will go the wrong way... :mad:

The law is the law, until it is changed...

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
Only thing I've ever done in there is fondle the guns I want but don't have. They're way overpriced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Just a question here but didn't the new changes to the trust laws make a CLEO sign off a requirement anyways? Am I wrong or missing something here?

PS I have always heard that Collector's is overpriced anyways so I don't go when I am in the area.

Acera

TGT Addict
Jan 17, 2011
Republic of Texas
They used to have the best prices on suppressors in town, got my TiRant from them. However their NFA department went down hill after Noe left.

They are also well known for ripping off non-gun knowledgeable folks that go there to sell their guns.

However, they do make deals off the listed price. Bought a few guns there where I feel I made a good deal. But you have to ask, and be ready to buy (cash helps).

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
May 11, 2009
H-Town, TX
Just a question here but didn't the new changes to the trust laws make a CLEO sign off a requirement anyways? Am I wrong or missing something here?

PS I have always heard that Collector's is overpriced anyways so I don't go when I am in the area.
I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong, but I believe that was the PROPOSED change ... nothing in effect as of yet.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
BANNED!!!
Jul 1, 2011
Collector's Firearms is way overpriced anyway.
Prices as marked are high, agreed. I've bought two NIB firearms there in the past couple years and negotiated good deals, IMO.

Sadly, I lost them in a boating accident :(

Top Bottom