• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Going to Houston next weekend, is this place worth a stop? I hear they have a great selection of used guns. How are the prices?

jtriron

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    HoustonTexas
    Yes, Check it out -- they have a huge selection, maybe the biggest in south Texas. As for the prices it's hit and miss but I did find a very good deal on a STI.

Good luck

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Great selection, high prices.
    It's like a gun museum and awsome to check out but I have never purchased a gun thru them.
    I have bought a ton of books though.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Very cool to walk through, the used gun are priced semi decent, the new guns are insane IMO beyond MSRP on many.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    The info given in this thread has been accurate. I will say, Clarence(I think), is very nice to work with up there. Definitely a good selection, but high on their pricing.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    A friend of mine and I make a trip to Collectors every summer. It is like going to the candy store. Sometimes we buy and sometimes we don't but we always enjoy the trip. I've bought 4 pistols there that I couldn't find elsewhere. We always hit a good steakhouse on Hwy 59 on the way out. The trip is definately worthwhile.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Very easy to spend a few hours just checking out all the offerings. Sales people are very friendly and have always been quick to hand over any gun I've wanted to handle. They charge premium prices, but if there's a gun you just have to have - they probably have it in stock.

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    I get by there about once a quarter to look around. Never bought anything there though. Prices outrageous.

They do have the finest selection of high end 1911s I have ever seen under one roof.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Collector's is a good place to find stuff you just can't find on the shelf in other places. I've bought 4 Briley 1911's from them. Two of them actually had consecutive serial numbers. That was a find beyond belief. Try and find a selection of Freedom Arms revolvers or first generation Colts you can actually put your hands on in the store. My FIL scored a very good deal on a Hi-Power but in general their prices are higher than normal. It is a good place to window shop and well worth a visit.

Dsparil

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Way overpriced and if you try to sell them anything they will offer you crap. But its fun to walk around and look at what they have.
    Tell me about it. Tried selling a 92 Elite II Beretta a while back and it was mint. They offered me $400 for it all the while they had a used one for sale in the case for $745. Unlike other dealers, these guys are trying to make money off of guns too, not just ammo and accessories. That's why a lot of gun owners don't take them seriously. Every now and then you'll find a good deal in the used guns sections. I bought an HK USP in 9mm almost mint there for $500 a couple of years ago. I have never seen one that cheap since.

bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    I have purchased a rifle from them and their salesmen are very friendly and helpful. They have a lot of consignment sales and that sets a price that maybe high in order to get their consignee the price that they want for their gun. There is a lot of overhead walking around there and it cost bucks to maintain that amount of overhead. Used guns give them a opportunity to use them to sell the new guns as well as support the overhead and stay in business. I always enjoy a visit there and feel like a kid in the BIG CANDY store due to the large selection of firearms.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Stopped by about an hour ago. Amazing! I've never seen anything like it. They had 5 Liberators, a whole case of broom handle Mausers. Lots of pre-lock Smiths. Every hard to find HK pistol. Best gun store ever.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    Collectors Firearms is the place to find the gun you've been looking for forever with no luck. It may cost you $100, maybe even $200 more than it would at another shop - if the other shop could get the gun. I'd be willing to wait a couple months to save $200 on a dream gun. I figure if its going to take a year or more I'll put down the money. I bought a S&W 624 in excellent condition at CF for $495 OTD. Another gun shop kept promising they could get one for $400, but they could never come up with the gun. A year later they called, and had the gun for $475. My buddy bought it. Life's short; in that year I probably ran 1K rounds through that .44. The good times were worth a lot more than $200.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I did notice some prices were very high. One shotgun I am interested in, they had a used one for $100 more than a new one costs from Bud's. But, like has been said, a fantastic selection of hard to find stuff. Next time I'm bringing a wad of cash.

Top Bottom