• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rio grande

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    A big thumbs down for Collectors Firearms.
    I was a very long time customer. Always had only good things to say about them.
    The place has changed drastically.
    Any place that will offer you $200 on a firearm they would sell for $700 is not a place I'd like to do business with.
    Here's how they do it. You walk in and want to sell or trade in on a purchase. You get to propose your deal to a snobby young
    salesperson who doesn't know you from Adam. He sort of listens and takes your gun to 'the back' where an unknown person looks
    it over, then salesboy comes back and informs you of the shop's generous :) offer. No personal touch, no dealing, no explanations,
    no "Hey, I know you...you've spent a lot of money here, you'll be back for more..."....just 'take it or leave it, sucker, we don't need
    you or your business'.
    Sure, they have a lot of stuff....they can keep it for all I care. Rip-offs.
    Did I say 'thumbs-down'?
    The saleskids are only slightly less arrogant than the owners and managers, but they are working hard to catch up.
    Gun Zone Deals

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I just bought another handgun there this past week. I have always had very good service when dealing with them. None of the clerks
    I've dealt with have been kids, think the youngest I've dealt with is at least forty. Everyone has always been polite and friendly.
    Collectors always seems to have the gun I want when I'm looking.

clonies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Houston
    Way overpriced and if you try to sell them anything they will offer you crap. But its fun to walk around and look at what they have.

100% spot on. I drooled over some of their Garands. I can't think of a single Houston gun shop that has reasonable/good prices on firearms. The internet is a beautiful thing, and I save money by ordering firearms online. Taxes kill virtually any deal a local shop could offer me, unless it's something that's difficult to find. A good example: I recently got my hands on a Glock 19 for $480 total price (shipping and FFL transfer fee included in that). Don't bother asking me where I bought it though. That deal is gone.

pilotx86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Spring
    I got a police trade in P226 for $475 shipped, $495 with the FFL transfer fee. It has some holster wear, but you can't beat the internet.

Been to Collector's. They have a super collection, but they are EXPENSIVE!

Top Bottom