• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Kris "Tanto" Paronto swears by his Bushmaster various parts built weapon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Capitol Armory ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    lkp5d.jpg

Attachments

• lkp5d.jpg
      lkp5d.jpg
      26.2 KB · Views: 298

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The better question is what does Colt do at a sub par level that has allowed them to prove their combat worth after all these years? Colts are combat proven, the others not. This is why I choose Colt and its a free country and you can buy what you want.

No one is saying that Colt is subpar, only that they are over priced since you can buy an equally good gun for less money.

Again, what does Colt do differently that makes their guns better?

I'll answer that for you. NOTHING. They are the same rifle as all those other ARs. It's the same design, using the same interchangeable parts. The DESIGN is combat proven, not just the ones made by Colt (who buys a lot of their parts from FN and is NOT the only AR maker with a military contract).

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Again, agree to disagree. I'll keep my Colts as the history and the resale are important to me : )

This thread has been a shit show because you have been very vocal about your opinion that Colt is the best and that everything else is just a copy. You're not getting out of this that easy. The resale value and history were not part of your original argument, or mine, or anyone else's. This is about the function of the rifle.

You've been asked numerous times what makes a Colt superior to any other AR. Is there a reason you won't answer that question? WHAT makes Colt better than other ARs? What specifically about their design and the way they are manufactured makes them better?

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    The Colt copy was a joke. I never said the Colt was better than other rifles I said they are the best rifle for me under 1k. Everything you listed as better is subjective and your opinion. You are entitled to that. I am not the only one on this thread being vocal about an opinion obviously.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Is there anyone who would take a Colt over an LWRC at the same price point?

b89811b095374ebec5a4c4e80b1c43b8.jpg

Ok anyone else besides you-know-who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• b89811b095374ebec5a4c4e80b1c43b8.jpg
      b89811b095374ebec5a4c4e80b1c43b8.jpg
      112 KB · Views: 477

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I warned you! I quit due to realizing that no matter what I say and facts I may provide, his mind is made up.

To Boldkharma: I reiterate, Colt if a fine weapon for what it is. Your idea that since the military uses it, it has to be great is misguided. Improvements can be made to most any rifle to make it better, and that could be part of the reason Colt lost it's contract to the U.S. Military.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    I warned you! I quit due to realizing that no matter what I say and facts I may provide, his mind is made up.

To Boldkharma: I reiterate, Colt if a fine weapon for what it is. Your idea that since the military uses it, it has to be great is misguided. Improvements can be made to most any rifle to make it better, and that could be part of the reason Colt lost it's contract to the U.S. Military.

No its a great rifle because I have used it. Not saying others are not only that they have not been tested as much.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Colt copy was a joke. I never said the Colt was better than other rifles I said they are the best rifle for me under 1k. Everything you listed as better is subjective and your opinion. You are entitled to that. I am not the only one on this thread being vocal about an opinion obviously.

You again ignored the question.

Earlier, you asked people to quantify what makes other rifles better than Colt for the price. Why won't you quantify what makes Colt a better rifle for the price? If you are so sure they are the best at that price, then it should be easy to quantify why. What do they do that makes their rifles better for the price, and why don't any of the other sub $1000 rifles compare?

Let me clarify my position. I don't hate Colt by any means, but I do feel they were overpriced for what they are compared to other equally good rifles. My issue isn't that you prefer Colt over others. That is your choice and I'm not going to criticize that, but what I do take issue with someone spouting off that X is better than Y, and then not backing up that argument with any real facts. If you like it just because you like it, that's fine. Just be honest about that. If you say it's better than something else, then you better be prepared to argue that point with actual facts, not just opinion.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Your "facts" are not facts, they are opinions. How can you prove any of those parts are better than Colt parts. How can you prove they perform any better? I'd like to see the data to back it up.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Really? Is that what you said to begin with?

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Yes, I asked who makes a better rifle for the price I paid for my 6920's under 1k and what makes it better. I still dont believe their is any proof that any other rifle in that price range is better. As good maybe yes but it still doesnt have the history.

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    Now back to the original point of the thread. I believe Colt will be back in the civilian market once available inventory dries up and they catch up on the existing LE/Military contracts. They did just get an 88 million dollar contract with the US Army for M4's.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your "facts" are not facts, they are opinions. How can you prove any of those parts are better than Colt parts. How can you prove they perform any better? I'd like to see the data to back it up.

That's not what I asked you. What makes your $1000 Colt better than a $1000 BCM, or a $1000 CMMG, or a $1000 LWRC? Answer the damn question or admit that you don't know.

Now back to the original point of the thread. I believe Colt will be back in the civilian market once available inventory dries up and they catch up on the existing LE/Military contracts. They did just get an 88 million dollar contract with the US Army for M4's.

As many AR makers as there are, what do you think the chances are that the market will dry up? They know what happens every election, they've been preparing. Colt couldn't make it in the the private market, I doubt they're coming back any time soon.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Here is a quote from the gun industry:
    "They’ve been losing left and right to companies both big and small. They don’t have the high end or the low end market, and they’ve finally realized that the prancing pony isn’t enough for this generation of shooters to buy less rifle for more money. Instead of getting better, they’ve given up."

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    That's not what I asked you. What makes your $1000 Colt better than a $1000 BCM, or a $1000 CMMG, or a $1000 LWRC? Answer the damn question or admit that you don't know.

I thought I did? Proven in Combat and resale value. To me that makes them better for me.

As many AR makers as there are, what do you think the chances are that the market will dry up? They know what happens every election, they've been preparing. Colt couldn't make in the the private market, I doubt they're coming back any time soon.

Top Bottom