Hurley's Gold

Comment I saw on Home Invasion Article...Your thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I use the wet pants theory of self defense. If you aren't peeing your pants with fear over a threat to your life or the life of someone you know right here and right now, there is no justification for shooting. If there is a wet spot on your drawers, keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. The shot placement is irrelevant.

Flash
    Venture Surplus ad

Nasa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    WCR Kat Ranch, Texas
    I agree with what so many others have already said.

In close quarters, a shotgun blast to the mid-section is mostly lethal. A bullet may or may not be lethal.

Never shoot to wound!

Even non-lethal rounds can kill.

Don't point a gun unless you are willing to pull the trigger.

Don't pull the trigger unless you plan on killing something, whether it be a two legged, four legged or slithering on the ground varmint, game or some targets.

An unloaded firearm is useless.

Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.

If they are really worth shooting, they are really worth killing!

If you have kids, teach them firearm safety at an early age.

Keep your firearms clean and lubricated.

Practice.

That's all I have to say.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hell, I'll use grenades, an RPG or even a pocket nuke if I can find one to atomize whatever intruder is in my house. The least of my worries will be if I was "too aggressive" in stopping the threat...

I only hope the clean-up crew is able to scrape all the brain remnants off the walls, as otherwise it will only give my wife yet another reason to paint them (again)!

Cheers! M2

I wanna be on your team! ;)

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I thought we (Texans) were protected from lawsuits and criminal charges with the new castle doctrine, am I missing something?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'm shooting until the threat goes away ... if that takes 5 rounds to the forehead with a 6" AOW 12-Gauge then so be it.

In that situation the law does not factor into my mind. It's a life or death moment ... I could care less about sitting in a jail cell, because if I do not act and act aggressively with the utmost violence in my actions then I, or someone I care about, may not survive to sit in that cell. I'm taking head shots, hell I'll blow your genitalia off and turn you into a Ken doll if presented the chance, I will take anything that presents itself and I will win because anything else is unacceptable.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    If you "shoot to stop" then you were not in immediate fear for your life IMO. The bigger issue is the idiot DA ya'll have - it's time that some serious funding be given a decent candidate to defeat the idjit. But if you bring ME someone saying that they shot to stop, I'm gonna be thinkin' that they weren't all THAT afraid.
    Being afraid is absolutely irrelevant and has nothing to do with the justification.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    This is a completely irrelevant argument to me.
    We're getting into each individual shooters personal defense philosophy. Might as well be discussing religion and politics!

My personal opinion: If you have to shoot, shoot 'em where you can hit 'em! Doesn't matter if it's a head shot or not. Your objective if you have to start pulling the trigger is to eliminate whatever threat has presented itself to you. PERIOD!

Other people seem to have all different ideas, right or wrong.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I think you know full well what I mean.

This is your comment:

If you "shoot to stop" then you were not in immediate fear for your life IMO. The bigger issue is the idiot DA ya'll have - it's time that some serious funding be given a decent candidate to defeat the idjit. But if you bring ME someone saying that they shot to stop, I'm gonna be thinkin' that they weren't all THAT afraid.

Being in "immediate fear of your life" is irrelevant. Whether the Grand Jury thinks you were in "immediate fear of your life" is irrelevant. Fear has nothing to do with the justification.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This is your comment:

Being in "immediate fear of your life" is irrelevant. Whether the Grand Jury thinks you were in "immediate fear of your life" is irrelevant. Fear has nothing to do with the justification.

I always love it when someone wants to split hairs on stuff like this. Go ahead and argue w/yourself....as I said, you know what I mean - I've made that decision in the past, and frankly I'm not inclined to put up w/a bunch of BS from theorists. Have a good day.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I always love it when someone wants to split hairs on stuff like this. Go ahead and argue w/yourself....as I said, you know what I mean - I've made that decision in the past, and frankly I'm not inclined to put up w/a bunch of BS from theorists. Have a good day.

I am not arguing, I am addressing a common misconception. I hear people say this all the time and it bugs me.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I am not arguing, I am addressing a common misconception. I hear people say this all the time and it bugs me.

Frankly, your oblique comments just piss me off. If you have an opposing viewpoint, or preferred phraseology that'll get you off your high horse and snide cracks, then just freakin' say it. Crap - I'm tired of your ongoin' attempts at mind games and "guess what I mean" shit, dude.

Top Bottom