Lynx Defense

Comment I saw on Home Invasion Article...Your thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Also remember he might live in a very gun un-friendly area which looks for any old reason to prosecute gun owners. Most of us are lucky enough to not have to deal with that.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Actually, I like his attitude!

As for the idiotic comments of the CHL instructor, doesn't he realize that the use of a firearm already constitutes deadly force/an intent to kill?!?

I will take every hit on a target I can get. Head, center point mass, in the nuts; as long as it is my bullets hitting him and not the opposite, all's good.

Cheers! M2

I believe this says it all. If I have to shoot, don't really care where the hits are, as long as there are lots of them.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I teach the same thing and have to disagree with you here. There is nothing wrong or unsafe with cupping your hand over the ejection port and catching the round in your hand. I have done this thousands upon thousands of times. While I realize "gratuitous outcomes reinforce poor tactics", that is not the case here. I'm sure if you run the slide back and forth like a hyper spider monkey you can cause the round to detonate, but if done the way we teach, there are no issues.

All it takes is for someone to slip once.

That's how I've always done it. Of course I don't have any formal training, just years of self taught shooting. I'm not digging at you but am seriously curios what the risk is (finger caught in the ejection port? nd?). It may be that I have a bad habit? (No way )

If you slip and your slide slams shut on that round you're cupping in your hand and the extractor hits the primer... Where is the force of that burning powder going to go? A lot of it is going to go through the hand that's cupping the round.

Walk into your bedroom. I'm assuming you make your bed in the morning, so the covers are neat and tidy? Eject the round onto your bed. You can find it easily, and it's a big surface that's hard to miss. Just double-check the chamber before you go after that oh-so-precious round.

Hell, I'd rather see people use the less-than-ideal "rack it back and snatch it out of the air" method. But the absolute safest way is to just eject the round onto some surface, or just let it fall where it may and recover it after the pistol is confirmed clear and benched or put away safely.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    No, it takes much more than slipping once. Watch the way we do it in the Combat Pistol Marksmanship DVD. It's very controlled. I will continue to use the technique and teach it.

Top Bottom