Comments Wanted - November Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements & Comments' started by Texas1911, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Anyone have any ideas that they'd like to see implemented?

How do you feel about the site?

What keeps you coming back to the site?

What do you want to see more of?

What is one thing you'd like to change?

2. TJ Willy

TJ Willy Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I have a few ideas for ya based on some previous site administration/moderation I have done... but the site is really great! I like the community so far as well. vBulletin is far and way the best forum software out there but not cheap.

1. Emoticon Pack. I can probably get a huge emoticon pack we have on another forum for you if you like. Similar stuff like you have.

2. Site Supporters. I am sure you have considered the vB addon on for that, but I think you should do it. Like I said, this software is not cheap, not to mention hosting or electricity if you run your own servers as I do, and we could pitch in on that. We used three different levels on our site and it seemed to work well.

3. Classifieds... I have a couple rules I would like to run by you.

4. Maybe a couple other forum topics here and there... but that stuff comes with membership.

Not being picky... I just got here!!!! And I really like the site. Just suggestions since you asked.

3. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I would like to atop being forced to see threads admin makes before I can peruse the other threads. :p:tongueout::icon_popcorn:

4. pawncop

pawncop Active Member

Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    You have a good site. I appreciate the "stolen gun " section.

There are no real changes I would make.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    :fighting0010:

6. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Mobile version? :)

7. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Everything looks fine to me. Since this is a Texas site, you can't expect the traffic you see on something like AR15, or Glocktalk. But there are lots of Texans that like to talk guns, and the word will get around. Keep profanity out, and don't be afraid to close a thread if it gets out of hand. Although I've not seen that, as the forum grows, eventually it will happen. Turst me, most people appreciate a mod that can take control when need be. A lot of folks just leave places when things get out of hand.

8. nalioth

nalioth Active Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    No, he's right.

You have "Announcement" mode that sticks a post to the top of any forum a user might visit until they click it. If we enjoy being interacting here, we're gonna look at "Announcements".

Forcing a thread view is bully behavior, imho.

9. LR-AR-LB

LR-AR-LB New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Thanks

We currently have a crisis due to the impending election, this alone could even end the chat board and or publically shooting firearms and etc. Just for now let's focus on the possibility that very soon we may not be able to do what we enjoy most.:mad:

10. funkybassplayer

funkybassplayer Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Gladewater, TX
    oooooo...mobile version!