• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas

Am I the only one who sleeps in a holster IWB in "sleeping shorts"?

I really don't want to wake up and see some burglar who already rummaged through my night stand.
    So, there's nothing in the night stand, unless you need a heating pad or back massager.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I know that times are different these days (not for the better, usually), but when I was a child, there were guns in every room and every nook and cranny of the house. Under the couch, in the nightstands, in the closet, in the end table, in the kitchen drawer, etc. My three siblings and I were brought up around guns, knew what they were capable of, knew safety, and above all, never touched them unless Mom or Dad handed it to us. Like I said, I know times are different these days, but I'm not sure why on this count.

(I have no kids in my house)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Me, I've got a dedicated "night stand gun", so the carry gun goes in top dresser drawer or just on top of dresser, if I'm planning on leaving anytime soon. No kids in the house so that's not an issue, but when the grand kids come over, everything is in the safe. Same when cleaning people are coming, or we have a group over that might want to use our master bath crapper which necessitates walking through our normally "armed" bedroom. If I need to answer the door to someone I don't know, I'll pick up the carry gun.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Well, I have these wild, sleep-walking dreams where I'll get up, run around and do things. My wife says I was talking to her in a thick Brooklyn accent, had my hand clamped on her arm, saying "Where you think you're goin'? You're goin' nowhere!"

One night I had a vivid dream about aliens in the attic ripping a hole in the sheet rock ceiling and reaching into the room with their long, spindly fingers. I was our of the bed, yanking my significant other's arm, yelling, "C'mon! We've got to get out of here! They're coming, they're coming!"

So... I don't want that handgun TOO handy at night.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    We had possums in the attic when I lived in Pasadena, Texas, made good stew .... wonder how Houston's "attic Aliens" taste?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Grew up with guns in my closet at age 12 - in other locations around the house, but the ones in my closet were *mine*. Knew that if I abused 'em, I'd never have 'em again (much less be able to sit down). Raised my kids the same way - from when they were in diapers, they were taught to leave guns *alone*. Period.

Nowadays we're so busy trying to nanny-state everything, Darwin is gettin' frustrated.

ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    All over the House - no kids here just dogs...btw; they'll let me know if anybody comes even near the house. No intruder will ever catch me off guard as long as my dogs are around.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I keep it on me until it is time to go to bed then it goes on the night stand.

Quick open safe in my nightstand and several backups in there but the primary carry sits on top of the nightstand during the night unless there is little hands wandering... that or my 93 year old great aunt who btw scared the shit out of me walking into the room at 2 in the morning and waking me out of a dead sleep... That was a time I was glad it was stored away...

sixguncowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Midland
    No kids here so it goes on the end table right next to my recliner until I leave the house again. If we get company it gets slid under my recliner till the company leaves. In the bedroom I have a 12ga pump, 18" bbl, with folding shoulder stock & pistol grip forestock with a tactical flashlight mounted under the magazine tube. It has a pressure sensitive switch mounted on the pistol grip. This is stoked with 5 rds of 00 Buck and rests in a Backup bed rack. [url]http://www.the-backup.com/[/URL]

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    No kids here so it goes on the end table right next to my recliner until I leave the house again. If we get company it gets slid under my recliner till the company leaves. In the bedroom I have a 12ga pump, 18" bbl, with folding shoulder stock & pistol grip forestock with a tactical flashlight mounted under the magazine tube. It has a pressure sensitive switch mounted on the pistol grip. This is stoked with 5 rds of 00 Buck and rests in a Backup bed rack. [url]http://www.the-backup.com/[/URL]

Ooooh I like that mattress mount...

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    If I am awake carry piece is with me, when I go to bed it goes on the night stand. All others are in the safe unless they get switched into the rotation. I don't want to go running for a gun if something happens after I get home. What good would a pistol inside do if I need it while I am outside mowing, getting the mail, or as often happens...when I go out at night to get something from my truck. Setting it aside to me would be like having an insurance policy that was only in affect certain hours of the day.

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I might keep a gun on my nighstand if it was a PPS and I kept the backstrap in the pillow case, but otherwise, I'd have a really bad day waking up and seeing some burglar holding it because he got it while I was snoring.

I have things close at hand, but not obvious, and not where a burglar would normally look for a gun (because they aren't the normal places people put them when they sleep).

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    My kids also are all grown so no worries there. My carry firearm generally rides home with me on the seat next to me and stays right there waiting for the next time I pull out of that garage. Like many here my home defense is not usually my carry pistol. I live secluded with a locked gate to get through, electric fence (cattle), and a great alarm system so I have little fear about leaving a gun in my truck. If any infiltrator got past my ornery rancher neighbors, ninja attack steer, alarm, dogs, and shotgun, I guess it is just my time to go. BTW, I am not paranoid, just well educated on what society can throw at you, and prepared to act accordingly. I have a pump 410 Mossberg at home with slugs, buck, and turkey shot alternating in the tube. Also there is usually an AK, 12 guage, or AR handy (depends on where in the house I am.)

SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you that keep a gun in every room, or on your person while at home, consider yourself to live in a reasonably safe neighborhood? I would think that statistically you would be more at risk in a questionable part of town or near a bad part of town than if you lived in a "crime watch neighborhood" as an example. Just curious, not trying to make any point.

Top Bottom