• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I had a Cobra attack chopper fly over my house, shaking the damn windows! Can't say that is a normal occurrence as we usually get Blackhawks and Chinooks, and not flying what looks like 500' off the deck either!

So what was the coolest thing to happen to you today?
    Lynx Defense

dcfis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    ATX
    Im at the airport so they all came in in a line. Pretty awesome, not as awesome as the F16 touch and goes to SA. They are here and back in like 10 min

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    You haven't seen anything until you see a Bell Cobra diving at a target at 190 knote and firing 7.62 mini guns and or a 20mm cannon ! I have worked on the first Cobra ever made, 209J now I believe at Fort Rucker on display. The Marines use or used the "W" Model as well as the Osprey V-22 to good advantage.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Got to have Shipley's doughnuts for breakfast AND wife went and got them without sending me....

I'm guessin' thats not as cool as Cobra's tho....

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    So what was the coolest thing to happen to you today?

Not today, but in the past I've had low-level overflights by B-2s and B-1s on the deck and hauling ass. I off-road in the Mojave desert areas around Edwards AFB, China Lake NAS, and Fort Irwin, and the desert areas between them are flight corridors, test areas, and training areas. You ought to experience some time a B-1 pushing 600 MPH at 100-200 feet blast right over your head, it's pretty spectacular!

BTW, I just had an overflight yesterday of a new AH-1Z Super Cobra, and the thing most notable was how quiet it is with a four-bladed main rotor and four-bladed tail rotor. It's not the whop-whop-whop you're used to hearing....

Top Bottom