• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Nothin cool to speak of on Sunday, but Saturday was a great day at the range. New gun was awesome, my 10/22 is improving, and some yahoo got kicked off the range for leaving his weapon loaded while people were down range checking/fixing targets. Was a good day. Range report incoming when I can take some pics and post them.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    i blew up an opossum with my AR.

was cool.

happened today.

seemed liekt he place to share. sory no video - didn't want to miss my "shot"

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Im at the airport so they all came in in a line. Pretty awesome, not as awesome as the F16 touch and goes to SA. They are here and back in like 10 min

I work right by the airport in SA. For a while we had a lot of F16 approach passes (they AF guys never put wheels on the tarmac), lately it's been T-38s. Some guy flies his P-51 in and out of the airport almost daily, always makes a high speed pass before he lands, so I get to hear a Merlin screaming like a Valkyrie coming down from the heavens... I've seen a B-25, an F7F, P-38 (kudos if you know what that is without Google) and a couple of weeks ago, there was an F4U running pattern work for about 20 minutes.

Blackhawks, Apaches... even an old UH-1.

Lots of cool stuff coming and going from the SA airport.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Surprising that SAT allows them to do that, considering the volume of traffic they handle. I'd expect Stinson would be more accommodating...

Still, cool nonetheless!

It's one of the things I love about working on Lackland, sometimes we get an impromptu airshow either from the TX ANG F-16s or some other warbirds passing through. I love the T-6 Texan IIs out of Randolph, that P&W PT6 engine sounds just like a WWII fighter!

Cheers! M2

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    p38... i want to say it is called the thunderbolt or lightning or something. has the funny looking dual tails right?

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Does last weekend count? I got to shoot 3 rounds of sporting clays with my 19 yr old son at Whittington Center near Raton, NM last Saturday. Him being in college, I don't get to do much with him anymore. Topped the weekend off on our drive home by getting 49.79 mpg on a tank of gas!!!! We drove his car (Honda Fit Sport) and had a 25 to 30 mph tail with for 300 miles! His car normally gets 37 mpg. What we saved in gas money by taking his car as opposed to mine paid for our cabin we stayed in Saturday night! Had a great time! Still thinking about it today here at work!

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    During the gulf war i remember seeing apache's, chinook's, occasional huey, but the coolest thing i ever saw was 3 b2 stealth bombers flying in formation heading to the base in fort worth.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    A Chopper? Dude that aint nothin!
    One time while I was 35 miles south of Fort Stockton hunting, I had to camp out under the stars.
    In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a massive bright greenish light in the sky. Something landed near my camp and lit the whole damn place up like it was daytime. Then and ladder came out of the thing. Some ugly ass varmit came strollin out of the machine. I wanted to shoot it but something was keeping me from moving.
    The ugly thing walked near me and pulled a little sheep out of his pocket. That little sheep ran around and ate up all the ranchers flock!
    I asked the ugly bastard WTF does he think he's doin? He said, im getting my fuel. What's that mean?
    As the ugly bastard started to get back in his machine, I had an idea! I asked em if he had a little liberal in his pocket. He said nope, but next time i'll bring you one.
    Im still waiting.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    A Chopper? Dude that aint nothin!
    One time while I was 35 miles south of Fort Stockton drinking heavily, I passed out in the middle of the damn desert under the stars.
    In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a massive bright greenish light in the sky. Something landed near my camp and lit the whole damn place up like it was daytime. Then and ladder came out of the thing. Some ugly ass varmit came strollin out of the machine. I wanted to shoot it but something was keeping me from moving.
    The ugly thing walked near me and pulled a little sheep out of his pocket. That little sheep ran around and ate up all the ranchers flock!
    I asked the ugly bastard WTF does he think he's doin? He said, im getting my fuel. What's that mean?
    As the ugly bastard started to get back in his machine, I had an idea! I asked em if he had a little liberal in his pocket. He said nope, but next time i'll bring you one.
    Im still waiting.
    Fixed it for ya!

Top Bottom