• ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Cop shoots dog inside Petco | Fox News Video

Sad a dog had to die, but I blame the owner. Had the incident happened on the street where an owner lost control of an obviously aggressive dog, I'd have shot too. The foresight the officer showed about her target and what was beyond it impressed me.

If a dog isn't socially polite in public places with people and other dogs, it either better be 100% handled or it doesn't go out. IMO the owner got his/her dog killed. If the dog had killed the Maltese and was taken by animal control, it is possible the dog would have been euthanized anyway. At minimum had a record. The owner still needs to pay up on the vet bills that will accrue for the Maltese. But I guess that will be a matter for civil/small claims court.

IMO good shoot
    Guns International

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My little puppy dog got attacked by a "socially acclimated" Chihuahua this past weekend at a Petco. The little turd walked by and bit my puppy. This after I was told the guy's two dogs regularly go to a pet park and love to play with other dogs. Acclimated my ass. Now the puppy is freaked out by little turd looking dogs.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Rather nice to see one of these "cop-shoots-dog" stories that shows professionalism and restraint on the police officer's part - as well as good decision-making that's hard to second-guess.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    One dog viciously mauling another dog inside a store, with both dogs' owners on hand and unable to stop them, a crowd gathering that likely included children as well as other dogs on leashes, and the officer employed off-duty as a security officer for that store? Yeah, she totally should've stayed out of it..

Did you even read the story, Renegade? There was substantial risk to bystanders because of a dogfight in a confined area.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Off-duty cops work security at a LOT of stores. I guess you get all your food and clothing from online shopping, then.

No I shop at Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart, Kroger, Target, Tom Thumb, Brookshires, Post Office, assorted food stores, banks and dozens more and have not seen a UNIFORMED OFF-DUTY LEO working security there EVER.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    City LEOs do private work here in uniform & marked units a lot. It isn't out of the ordinary and we live in a "nice" area. They do parking lot security for a number of shopping areas. Do parking lot/traffic flow for the large churches on the main thoroughfares. Are the most common places I see them.

Top Bottom