• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    No I shop at Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart, Kroger, Target, Tom Thumb, Brookshires, Post Office, assorted food stores, banks and dozens more and have not seen a UNIFORMED OFF-DUTY LEO working security there EVER.

Every bank I go into has armed guards, some are off-duty LEO's. Most WalMarts employ off-duty LEO's, preferring them over uniformed security guards.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I have been a life-long dog owner. One dog I currently own is a seriously alpha-bitch. I would trust her with babies, kids - everything else - instead of another alpha bitch. They'll tangle like there's no tomorrow. There's no way in hell I'd take her to a place with other dogs. I blame it on the dog owner. The other dog I've currently got is alpha-bitches bitch. She'll bark like hell at other dogs (unless the General Volt Bark Collar is on her.) bark, but as soon as one moves, she's cowering, peeing and has her tail between her legs.

All I'm saying is - people have to KNOW their dogs. I've known the sweetest English Pit Bulls - not my kind of dog, but ok with me. I've got two English Cockers - maybe 35 lbs for momma - not all that intimidating physically, incredibly fun to hunt over for upland birds, dove, ducks etc. (done them all) but I'd never, ever go into a place with momma bitch with other alpha dogs.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    If your dog is being attacked, kick the other dog HARD in the ribs. Just FYI.

I did that once. One dog was pulling another through a chain link fence. The one that was being shredded was on its side. I tried a baton, water hose, pepper spray, and a mop handle to no avail. Meanwhile the poor kids are crying their dog is being killed. The parents are besides themselves. No one knows the aggressive dog or who owns it. The poor pooch being pulled through the wire fence is getting shredded. A single 45 round behind the ear stopped it. The other dog survived. Maybe I should've done what Renegade suggested and Minded Mine Own Business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I did that once. One dog was pulling another through a chain link fence. The one that was being shredded was on its side. I tried a baton, water hose, pepper spray, and a mop handle to no avail. Meanwhile the poor kids are crying their dog is being killed. The parents are besides themselves. No one knows the aggressive dog or who owns it. The poor pooch being pulled through the wire fence is getting shredded. A single 45 round behind the ear stopped it. The other dog survived. Maybe I should've done what Renegade suggested and Minded Mine Own Business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that'll end it. I wouldn't hesitate to take a safe shot on a dog that was attacking one of mine. A retail store would be what I consider a "less than perfect" environment for that, though.

Not that I take my dogs to Petco. They're great with other dogs, but other dogs might not be great with them...

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    How the heck do you take a pit into a store and fail to keep a handle on it. Pshhh, talk about some people shouldn't own guns... Some people shouldn't own dogs! Luckily for me, my dog kicked my neighbor's pit's ass when it jumped the fence and tried to fight him. Nearly killed the dumb dog too. That was the third time it came over for trouble. The fourth time we called the pound. Had I owned firearms at the time, I'd had shot that dog in my backyard and called my neighbor over to take it away. Inconsiderate types that would park their car sideways in front of my driveway and I'd have to go over and ask permission to leave my house. But anyway, the owner was probably an idiot.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I do not think anyone read it.

The fact that PetCo needs a uniformed cop for security tells me to never go there.

People do grab and runs on horse saddles at the one I know of all the time. That's coming from several employees who work there. Ever price a horse saddle? It's cheaper to hire security.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I would think it would be hard to run off with a saddle without any body catching them.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would think it would be hard to run off with a saddle without any body catching them.

Not as hard as you might think.....put the saddle in/on a cart, just as you would if you were buying it. Head for the front....cashier is like 30-40 foot from the door in a direct path of travel. Your partner is outside, tailgate down/door open. If you're REALLY cool, you've waited 'til there's a bit of a line, and act like you're interested in something on display by the door. You ease over there like you're lookin' at that item....and BAM - nail the door, toss it in the vehicle an' you're gone.

Yeah - thieves DO think of this stuff. That's ALL they think about - how to steal from US. They seldom think of the consequences, nor care.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Not as hard as you might think.....put the saddle in/on a cart, just as you would if you were buying it. Head for the front....cashier is like 30-40 foot from the door in a direct path of travel. Your partner is outside, tailgate down/door open. If you're REALLY cool, you've waited 'til there's a bit of a line, and act like you're interested in something on display by the door. You ease over there like you're lookin' at that item....and BAM - nail the door, toss it in the vehicle an' you're gone.

Yeah - thieves DO think of this stuff. That's ALL they think about - how to steal from US. They seldom think of the consequences, nor care.

How many saddles do you have stashed in your garage ? :P

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I bought a dog crate one time and some stuff was inside it that the cashier didn't see and that I forgot about. I felt bad when I got home and noticed it.... I went back and paid for it.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    No I shop at Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, WalMart, Kroger, Target, Tom Thumb, Brookshires, Post Office, assorted food stores, banks and dozens more and have not seen a UNIFORMED OFF-DUTY LEO working security there EVER.

Every walmart i have ever been to has uniformed cops sitting in a room watching the cameras. Same with Target. The post office has its own police force. Most of the banks i have gone too also have uniformed cops sitting at a security desk. So i wonder what little Eutopia you seem to be shopping in.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

I was told they just grab them off the shelf, walk straight toward the exit, then dash about ten feet from the door. If I was the manager I'd lock them up.

You don't even wanna know about the people who have been caught "Pantsing" pets- and I don't even mean the cute fuzzy kind.

Top Bottom