Cops followed me home after the Saxet gunshow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    See i do not believe that anyone called the cops because 2 of the 4 cops were in plain clothes. So I feel targeted for nothing other than buying a legal rifle and driving home.

If it was just about checking out a report, a warning could have been given. Instead they opted to write a ticket. Now i have to pay that because decided to buy a rifle on my Birthday. The other thing that bothers me is that the 3 cars leaving the show never used a blinker. I did up to the point i pulled into my driveway because no cars were driving on the street at the time. Like i said I'm just trying to make sense of the situation because I did nothing wrong. I purchased the rifle legally, i have no criminal record, i never even purchased ammunition for the damn rifle.

It appears they had UCs at the show, which is not unheard of, something you or your friends did caught their attention (not saying you did something wrong) but obviously they are new at this and not very good at it. Kinda shitty you got a ticket. Maybe they were thinking straw purchase. Maybe you are clean but one of your friends is not? I would go to court on the ticket but that is me.
    Hurley's Gold

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Maybe your name is similar to someone who is on a watch list.

Wednesday morning, leaving for work about 5:30 am. I get pulled over by a deputy sheriff. I am only about a mile from home, in fact I passed by him as he was waiting to turn onto the main road from a side road, I was at the posted speed limit, no veering etc., he shuts off his headlights, next thing he is pulling me over. I turn on interior lights, get out DL and CHL, hands on steering wheel in full view with window open. He tells me he is pulling me over for a defective LP light. I hand over the DL and CHL, he returns to SUV to run info. Comes back and writes me a warning. He is very polite the entire time, but, my LP light is not defective. So he must have been fishing for something. Who knows the real reason for this interaction?

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    With all due respect.....does anything add up? Why wait until he's home to get him out of the car? And 4 units?
    Pure speculation on my part but IF they did find something to hook him up, maybe the next step was consent to search house and if no consent, you got 4 guys to cover perimeter while a judge signs off on a warrant. They could have had a special op going with the idea of "taking guns off the street" and gun show loopholes and expecting a front page story in the paper. Some admin. weenie is probably watching too much CNN

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Cops Targeted me at the Saxet gunshow!
    I hope this goes in this thread, if not I'm sorry.

I went to the saxet gun show with a few co workers today on my birthday. I went with a few buddies from work and ended up bought my 1st AR15. After leaving saxet i got something to eat and headed home. Either they were following me that whole time and i did not see them or they were waiting on my street to catch me. As soon as I pulled in my driveway they flashed their lights and told me they stopped me for not using a turn signal to turn into my driveway. While they were writing the ticket i asked them what was going on and they told me they got a complaint 3 guys were at the gun show and seemed suspicious that we all split up into different vehicles. Just to clarify i am mixed but my skin is white, my buddies are black. My buddy joe bought his first handgun today after i talked him into going to the gun show. They could not follow him to far because both of them live in boerne, however i live 7 minutes away from the show. I can't figure out if i was targeted for buying the AR15 or if it was because my buddies were black. I hate bringing race into any discussion but i can't see to many other options.

Can anyone think of something i missed or fill in some of the blanks i would appreciate the help.
    Being that agents can attend shows undercover and dealers are instructed to look for certain signs, who knows what you did that looked suspicious. We’re you taking pics of guns with your phone?

Edit: and as others said lol use your signal

Last edited:

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    No, you got a ticket because you didn't signal when you should have. I am sensing a lack of personal responsibility here.

I'm with the OP, it is kinda chicken shit. I use to pull tons of people over for no LP light or no front LP to run mini roadside investigations. Provided they were not a jerk about the whole thing, ALL of them got a verbal warning to fix their vehicle. It sounds like the stop was a way to investigate and it that is the case, common courtesy is you don't screw over the contact if things are not what you thought.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Got stopped a couple of years ago after coming to a complete stop at a two way stop sign two blocks from my house, and no cross traffic in sight.

Reason for stop: "Just wanted to warn you that is not a four way stop intersection" WTH?

Yep, and it has been for over 30 years ...

Still trying to figure out the real reason, but been bird hunting enough to know that it is not always the dove you were shooting at that gets hit ...

Shit happens, but no harm, no foul.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If LE wants to investigate they WILL find something to justify it.

Often times their suspicions turn up drugs, driver high as a kite or something else.

I don't think they're fishing, something pinged their radar......and most often when that 'pinging' happens they uncover a crime......sometimes not and the investigat-ee is set free.

Last edited:

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Yeah, good luck with that.

Sorry, but there's something extremely fishy about this entire story. I'm just not buying the one side of it...

My post was a sort of "Put up" post. Complaining online (real or fake) gets you nowhere. If the incident occurred, there are ways to handle it that may bring some resolution, even if unlikely.

What I thought was bizarre was that his buddy was 'followed' but only so far. Legal jurisdiction is the entire state for Texas LEOs.

Top Bottom