APOD Firearms

Cops followed me home after the Saxet gunshow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I ran into a guy I know years ago in the Astro Arena SAXET show. He was with his girl friend & her girlfriend. They wouldn't let the one chick in because of her t-shirt. So she turned her shirt inside out to comply & they let her in.

When I asked her WTF was up with her shirt she told me. I think it had to do with the law figuring out they were into the threesome thing! Now if it was to happen they could play that Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning/Queer, Intersex and Asexual/Aromantic card.
    Target Sports

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Why? He either used his signal or he didn't.
    Because he can explain to the judge exactly what he stated here and maybe the officers won't show. IF I cut everyone a ticket that failed to signal, that is all I would be doing. The traffic offense was PC for the stop BUT that doesn't mean you have to write him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    True enough, I've ran cars for decades with no front plate. I am aware most cops could care less, and I also have been stopped several times over the years with that as the PC. Never ticketed (knock on wood). Mostly it was a quick catch n' release. One stop turned into a 20 minute talk about drag racing. Two guys in the car, rookie driving. Non-rookie was a bracket racer in Sealy, and he wanted a reason to check out the car I was driving. Knew something was up with he had rookie pull up next to my car, instead of behind it (I stopped in a parking lot to get off the road):)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yes they asked what i purchased and i told them an ar15 to which one of the cops exclaimed well you did do anything wrong, we just got a complaint about 3 people at the gun show. Then the 2nd one responded tbat they used anything they could to pull me over.The problem i have is that 4 cops followed or were waiting at my home when i had not broken any laws leading up to that point.
    Why were they on my street. They had to of run my plates to get my address. They saw i had no criminal record but they chose to wait for me.
    They waited until they had probable cause to stop you--which you admitted--by not using your turn signal to turn into your driveway. It was a legal stop. The fact that there had been a complaint or that they had wanted to talk to you, or that they'd run your plate is all irrelevant. Sooner or later EVERYONE violates one section or another of the traffic code and it provides legal reason (probable cause) to stop and begin the conversation.

1. Congratulations on your new purchase.
    2. Race had nothing to do with your stop.
    3. It's not really possible to know what was in the head of the person(s) who called in the complaint, but society expects their police to follow up on such things.
    4. Everything worked out in the end.
    5. Cheers!

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    OP, who knows why they got a call or if it was an undercover that called it in. Don't be discouraged by this incident. It could have been something you guys said being new to guns, that set off alarms. FFL's and any one patrolling that site is supposed to report that.

They could have thought it was a straw purchase by one of you getting it for someone else with you. Did they check to see if the AR was in your possession?

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I ran into a guy......

When I asked her WTF was up with her shirt she told me. I think it had to do with the law figuring out they were into the threesome thing! .................

71c257a4c83ab9a7a2d7cff94c64f414.jpg

Attachments

• 71c257a4c83ab9a7a2d7cff94c64f414.jpg
      71c257a4c83ab9a7a2d7cff94c64f414.jpg
      125.8 KB · Views: 615

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    my guess would be you or one of your friends smoke pot. The cops at the gunshow smelled it.Waited for a reason to pull you over and that was your failure to signal. They wanted to pop you for guns and drugs.

Now your really going to be pissed when you find out the ticket for failure to signal is over 300 bucks ask me how I know.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    my guess would be you or one of your friends smoke pot. The cops at the gunshow smelled it.Waited for a reason to pull you over and that was your failure to signal. They wanted to pop you for guns and drugs.

Now your really going to be pissed when you find out the ticket for failure to signal is over 300 bucks ask me how I know.
    Them young hipsters don't smoke pot the vape or smoke wax

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I wouldn't wear one but I think that's just a really funny joke. Besides, I've known many guys who were gay for pay and I know they never advertise that way. :)
    I know where you used to work...so I get your background knowledge, but gay for pay dont compute with me.
    You suck one dick and you are gay, whether you did it for money or not.

Top Bottom