• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    If you can wait, Lowes and HD always have killer deals on black Friday. They usually have Dewalts for $99. My lithium 18v Ryobi has been good to me, but it probably wouldn't hold up to heavy use.
    Texas SOT

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I was given a Sears Matrix drill for Christmas a couple years ago. It is a modular system where teh handle carries the battery and the motorized attachments snap in.
    Mine came with the drill, hammer drill and 3.25" circular saw.
    This thing is SO cool! The battery lasts a good long while and has a turbo boost charger that can get you back in the running in 15 minutes. It's a lithium ion battery so it won't up and die in a few months - I'm still on my original battery and it works like day 1.
    The attachments are surprisingly good - not contractor quality, but for sure handyman+. I especially like the circular saw - it's built a privacy fence and replaced sections of drywall. They recently added a cutoff tool and it works pretty good. You can get the attachments on sale at Sears for $30 - normal price runs $35-$40 each.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Wow,
    Thanks to everyone for their input, I'm most grateful.

I need to start at page one and make a spreadsheet! :p , I made a brief sortie to Lowes yesterday and looked at a DeWalt 970K for about $100 but due to your help and my infrequency of useage I may have to go with something with a lithium battery.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Wow,

I need to start at page one and make a spreadsheet! :p , I made a brief sortie to Lowes yesterday and looked at a DeWalt 970K for about $100 but due to your help and my infrequency of useage I may have to go with something with a lithium battery.

Lithium is the only way to go!

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Maybe I missed it but nobody mentioned these guys

5f48d795664c20a07237f52db290dc7f.jpg

2e2677c0d17b19dbb45b0e7a757a735a.jpg

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...depot+12v+drill&hl=en&ei=o_cYVtKQK4SnNsr3itgG

The drill only kit is 99 at home depot. The kit is $169 and I highly recommend it. I personally have the hammer drill/driver at work and also the regular 1/4" Chuck impact driver in my work truck.

I have the regular drill and hopefully this weekend a second impact driver at my house.

I use the impact driver on a daily basis at work. I have one of the larger square 4.0ah batteries and it lasts a long time. The hammer drill is my only complaint. Using the regular batteries on a full charge I got about 3.5 holes in a concrete slab. I don't use them for that more than 1-2 times a year so I'm fine with that.

9f94e0bd3fd656b2ed2e19b9e8cc2870.jpg

I originally bought the hackzall for work (pool repair guy, needed it to cut plumbing). I really liked it. It was water damaged (insert shocked face here) and the gear box in it ceased. It took a lot of use and abuse and a whole lot more water than 1 tool should.

All of these tools seem to be balanced well. For being 12v they last a long time and have plenty of power even when the batteries are going down. They make the 18v tools which are also great but for my work everything revolved around the 12v hackzall so I got the 12v stuff.

If you are a framer and use it non stop, go 18v. Milwaukee tools are tougher than dewalt IMO. Though my brother in law has the dewalt 20v kit. Its nice but in my time in all my jobs I have had too many dewalt tools fail but the only Milwaukee tool to fail was water damage.

8789fcff130c45f0c9d319a65a58bf42.jpg

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Wow,

You'll be glad you did. The Lithium batteries are great if you don't use them every day. Nice when you pick it up and its got a charge.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs

james.long48

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2015
    Have over a dozen Roybi One plus tools, including a drill and impact. Starting collecting the One+ tools two years ago, haven't had a problem yet. Really awesome way to go sense Roybi sells many of the tools cheap without batteries. They are not as nice as Dewalt but get the job done. Home Depot runs periodic sells on the batteries and tools.

clifpaul2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    celina tx
    Maybe I missed it but nobody mentioned these guys

5f48d795664c20a07237f52db290dc7f.jpg

2e2677c0d17b19dbb45b0e7a757a735a.jpg

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...depot+12v+drill&hl=en&ei=o_cYVtKQK4SnNsr3itgG

The drill only kit is 99 at home depot. The kit is $169 and I highly recommend it. I personally have the hammer drill/driver at work and also the regular 1/4" Chuck impact driver in my work truck.

I have the regular drill and hopefully this weekend a second impact driver at my house.

I use the impact driver on a daily basis at work. I have one of the larger square 4.0ah batteries and it lasts a long time. The hammer drill is my only complaint. Using the regular batteries on a full charge I got about 3.5 holes in a concrete slab. I don't use them for that more than 1-2 times a year so I'm fine with that.

9f94e0bd3fd656b2ed2e19b9e8cc2870.jpg

I originally bought the hackzall for work (pool repair guy, needed it to cut plumbing). I really liked it. It was water damaged (insert shocked face here) and the gear box in it ceased. It took a lot of use and abuse and a whole lot more water than 1 tool should.

All of these tools seem to be balanced well. For being 12v they last a long time and have plenty of power even when the batteries are going down. They make the 18v tools which are also great but for my work everything revolved around the 12v hackzall so I got the 12v stuff.

If you are a framer and use it non stop, go 18v. Milwaukee tools are tougher than dewalt IMO. Though my brother in law has the dewalt 20v kit. Its nice but in my time in all my jobs I have had too many dewalt tools fail but the only Milwaukee tool to fail was water damage.

8789fcff130c45f0c9d319a65a58bf42.jpg
    Going to have to second that. The 12 volt Milwaukee stuff is hard to beat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Back when I made a living with mine I tried all sorts of brands - Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Rigid, Makita, etc... The ones still kicking are Hitachi

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Back when I made a living with mine I tried all sorts of brands - Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Dewalt, Rigid, Makita, etc... The ones still kicking are Hitachi
    Hitachis have put up with a ton of abuse from our framing crew.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom