• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    That's my queue number for Denton county. My queue number for Collin County is around 110k which will take 4+ months at the rate they are going. You can go to the county health department website (at least the ones that do this) and sign up if you qualify as 1a or 1b. I'm in the latter.

Brother-in-law in Grayson county is in his 70's and probably has half the qualifications on the 1b list. Guy is in terrible shape. Anyway, he was at his physician's office over a week ago and for some reason they had some vaccine so he got the first shot in the office which is a rare find.
    Appreciate the info. From my research today, it doesn't look like many counties have gotten so far to allow people to register in advance. So far, with many smaller counties, they open up a small window of vaccines and you have to call right at a given time and they're gone in ten minutes. If you can't be available at the time they open, you are going to miss out. My parents are both 1B. I'd just like to get them a place for now, as my mom is really freaked out about this thing. I blame the media for that and have been unable to calm her fears. She also knows that the wife and I both survived it and that does not seem to help much, either. I think that if she knew it was scheduled SOMETIME in advance it might ease her mind a bit.
    Ironically, she has been telling me for years that I should get flu shots. This year my dad's shot almost did him in. Somehow it kicked of massive RA for him and he can hardly walk without daily steroids. The manufacturer *thinks* that the symptoms may abate about the time the shot would normally wear off. Still, does not make ME want to go get one.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    While in the Army I had to get the flu shot every year, including the wonderful swine flu, and every year I got the flu at least once. Since I got out in 1978 I've never had another flu shot and have had exactly 2 cases of flu. Having the flu an average of once every 21 years without any shots ain't so bad.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Yikes!

It seems the 'value added' verbiage is just ordinary ole double talk...great...just great!

Since many you have a much greater perspective on the various vaccines than I do, why in the 'wide wide world of sports' would anyone want a markedly inferior (by percentage) vaccine if one was so inclined to get one?

Oh wait, because the 'fizz and mod' vaccines may no longer be available at some point thus motivating the 'hesitant to get em while/when they're available' as the least effective vaccine may be the only one left?

Yes, I'm puzzled as all get out!

On third less effective vaccine may be all that's left on the shelf so get your much greater effective vaccine now while still available...ok, I'm repeating myself...

Last edited:

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Yikes!

It seems the 'value added' verbiage is just ordinary ole double talk...great...just great!

Since of many you have a much greater perspective on the various vaccines than I do, why in the 'wide wide world of sports' would anyone want a markedly inferior (by percentage) vaccine if one was so inclined to get one?

Oh wait, because the 'fizz and mod' vaccines may no longer be available at some point thus motivating the 'hesitant to get em when they were available' as the least effective vaccine may be the only one left?

Yes, I'm puzzled as all get out!

On third less effective vaccine may be all that's left on the shelf so get your much greater effective vaccine now while still available...ok, I'm repeating myself...
    Think of it as .22LR ammuntion. The good shit is CCi's the other shit is Thunderbolts!

Reactions: gll
    Top Bottom