Coronavirus Epidemic, Part 2

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
Interesting enough my MIL receive the Moderna vaccine and mom received the Pfizer. Both have their second shots already scheduled. It will be interesting to see if the 2nd shots are available. Seems we are in short supply at the moment.

So far, neither has had any issues at all.
Awwww... hell.... they're still testing MIL n' MOM might'a got saline solution!

kbaxter60

Lesser Being
Jan 23, 2019
Pipe Creek
Amazing. I just saw little Fauci on a news conference. He didn't want to go too far, but he thinks he MAY see a plateau in the number of cases in the US> Wow. And Biden just signed a buttload of EOs this very day. And, amazingly, Da Fooch can see a plateau already?
I am stunned.
And not in a good way.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
Jul 14, 2020
USA
well of course... How else are you going to justify allowing "undocumented" "virus laden" "crime ridden" desolate refugees in without any form of vetting??? The real question is - "Are we going to last 2 years?" The other questions is "Will it matter if we do?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Stepdaughter just texted.
She tested positive for CV.
At the moment just cough and congestion.
She works as a massage therapist, so was tested as soon as she developed any symptoms.
She was at our house last Friday (15th).
No symptoms here.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
Feb 15, 2015
Been gone from TGT for quite a while now but I figured I'd come back and jump in feet first lol.

Here are my thoughts/opinione on covid. Feel free to agree or disagree:

1) Covid is real, it's a virus, and it can kill. However, the response to covid was HIGHLY politically motivated. Best economy in US history dropped to its worst level in years all in an election year. The death toll is inflated. Too many reports of people dieing of other causes and testing positive then ruled covid deaths, questionable test results, etc. If it looks like a duck........

2) It effects different people differently. Some breeze through it despite major underlying health issues and advanced age and some die of it despite being relatively healthy. The flu is the same way. I've had the flu several times and I'd take it any day over a common cold. I've probably had it a lot more and just didnt go to the dr or get tested. Never had a flu shot either. It just doesnt make me really sick. Usually a runny nose, sore throat, and a slight cough for a couple days. A cold hits me much harder. A week or two of sinus blockage, sore throat, coughing like crazy, etc I've also seen people deathly I'll from the flu. Different people, different effects.

3) Masks are to keep someone from infecting others by blocking droplets from making it onto or into someone else, not to keep the wearer from getting infected by filtering the virus. For some reason people seem forget this all the time. This is why surgeons wear them during surgery. Also, most masks are absolute crap when it comes to doing this. N95 is the only one that really does much and the blue "surgical" masks are only about 50% effective. Everything else is just for looks.

4) mandating masks at the threat of fines/jail is crap, but someone choosing to wear masks is fine. I have no problem with someone wearing a mask. It has ZERO effect on me. I choose to wear or not wear one depending on how I feel about the situation (dont 90% of the time) as should everyone else. If a private business wants to make it mandatory, they are welcome to do so. I'll either follow their choice or I'll shop elsewhere. Government should put out their recommendations and let private individuals and businesses make their own decisions. I look at this no different than having a CHL/LTC. We shouldnt be screaming freedom and then force a private business to go against what they believe.

5) healthy people should NOT be locked in their homes! You quarantine the sick and let the rest make their own decisions about how much risk they are willing to take. As for shutting down businesses, see #4. Government should make the recommendation and let the business owners and customers make their own decisions on what risks they are willing to take.

Again, covid is real, it's out there, it can be very harmful and even deadly for a small percentage of the population, but it isnt the huge boogyman the media and politicians made it out to be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
Feb 19, 2015
3) Masks are to keep someone from infecting others by blocking droplets from making it onto or into someone else, not to keep the wearer from getting infected by filtering the virus.
Except those droplets that might catch in the mask material initially are subsequently forced out of the mask by exhalation. And they come out in an aerosol form, which travels farther than the droplets.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads