• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    but my contacts and family in Asia and Southern Europe tell me the news here is down playing the seriousness of this nasty little bug.
    How can that even be possible? Every news program I watch has breathless warnings about how many are infected, how many countries affected, how they're running out of medical supplies to protect. It's almost always disaster 24/7.

We're getting sick of it (so to speak). It's going to take time to get it under control; we have to see how many can recover; Sorry, newspeople, but nothing has happened since your last "news-break" an hour ago.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    1st US death from Corona Virus in Washington state.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51692577
    The next couple weeks will be telling to how bad the Corona Virus will be in the US. Maybe something, maybe nothing but I like to err on the side of caution. Went to WalMart earlier on the week. Wife went this morning. Both days seemed like any normal day.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The fun begins. Japan has a run on toilet paper which leads to Hawaii having a run on toiler paper and water. Daughter-in-law just mentioned Frisco Mom's facebook saying the Kirkland's brand is sold out at Costco.

Reminds me of 9/11 where we had a run on the same due to panic buying. At least there isn't a run on gas and it hasn't shot up to $4 a gallon. Reminds me of the movies where currency becomes toilet paper, cigs and bullets.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Maybe someone already mentioned it but if not it is worth noting that the death rate, according to the stats I have seen at several sources, has gone from just over 2% to almost 3.4%. I have not seen that reported anywhere (not saying it has not been reported) but it is easy enough to do the math with the number of dead divided by the number of infected. I hope it does not keep increasing.

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Maybe someone already mentioned it....
    Good point. I havent been recalculating.

Also cases just pop up this mornin in Chicago and Rhode Island???

oops....

Watchin Maria Bartiromo talk about 80% of our perscription medication comes out of China....mainly the Wuhan Province.

Thats certainly going to bite us in the ass.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    upload_2020-3-1_12-50-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-1_12-50-3.png
      upload_2020-3-1_12-50-3.png
      8.3 KB · Views: 495

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That whole blind hog finding an acorn thing.
    It is almost never that I agree with you, but my contacts and family in Asia and Southern Europe tell me the news here is down playing the seriousness of this nasty little bug.

Am I concerned I am going to catch it and die, not really, but taking precautions is almost free so why not take them.

Indeed.
    Check this:
    https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/10.1148/radiol.2020200642

As I read that above article that references sensitivity and specificity for the COVID 19 polymerase chain reaction testing there are appearing numerous new stories about mandatory testing on arrivals by air from high-risk countries.

If I read the article correctly 39% of those with active coronavirus infection will slip right through undetected because the sensitivity is 61%
    Key Points
    • ■ The positive rates of RT-PCR assay and chest CT imaging in our cohort were 59% (601/1014), and 88% (888/1014) for the diagnosis of suspected patients with COVID-19, respectively

Ever piss on a big campfire as a kid?
    It makes some people smile. It makes others frown.
    It really doesn't do much to the fire.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This viral invasion, seemingly, is mostly above the media outlet divisions and COVID19 organism really is blind to political ideologies.

Of course the media makes a feeble attempt to politicize the spread of the disease and there are a few foil-hat conspiracy theorists. No surprise there.

Our nation's reaction and preperation and management may, in some way, prove to result in a Re-Unites States of America.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Actually, the last article I read on this thought the price would be going DOWN due to reduced travel, closed schools and business, and so forth. It might be a nice break from the usual summer price gouging, if true.

$2.29 early this week, $1.92 yesterday, same station in my hood.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    This viral invasion, seemingly, is mostly above the media outlet divisions and COVID19 organism really is blind to political ideologies.

Of course the media makes a feeble attempt to politicize the spread of the disease and there are a few foil-hat conspiracy theorists. No surprise there.

Our nation's reaction and preperation and management may, in some way, prove to result in a Re-Unites States of America.

Bringing all, or even just some manufacturing back home would be a yuge boost to the economy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom