• 92134332_3499699760045491_4806101668745707520_n.jpg
      92134332_3499699760045491_4806101668745707520_n.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 412

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Meanwhile, the statistics for the regular Type A and B flu season have been released with data updated to April. Seems like we have to date 45 million flu illnesses resulting in 46,000 deaths. No doubt there will be a rush to attribute 45,900 of those deaths to Covid-19 but this report speaks for itself.

https://www.rochesterregional.org/news/2020/01/flu-season-2020

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Meanwhile, the statistics for the regular Type A and B flu season have been released with data updated to April. Seems like we have to date 45 million flu illnesses resulting in 46,000 deaths. No doubt there will be a rush to attribute 45,900 of those deaths to Covid-19 but this report speaks for itself.

https://www.rochesterregional.org/news/2020/01/flu-season-2020
    Must you continue using logic, reason, facts, etc. to keep things in perspective??

We're trying to run a mass hysteria campaign here.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    On a lighter note, some woman on the local Nextdoor forum asked if anyone in the neighborhood had dogs that her five year old could visit and play with. She explained that the boy is an only child and loves dogs.

She was immediately slapped down by several women who scolded her because the boy might be infected and transfer the virus to the dog’s fur.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    On a lighter note, some woman on the local Nextdoor forum asked if anyone in the neighborhood had dogs that her five year old could visit and play with. She explained that the boy is an only child and loves dogs.

She was immediately slapped down by several women who scolded her because the boy might be infected and transfer the virus to the dog’s fur.
    That pretty well sums up why I don't get on Nextdoor.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to wade in and make a name for yourself in the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost Spurs

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    BCS
    Sounds like the perfect opportunity to wade in and make a name for yourself in the community.

That is my wife. She actually called someone a mouth breather and gets in regular arguments over dumb stuff liberals say. She will send me screen shots and say "I got another one"

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014

Believe me, I was very, very tempted. I have been known to put the cat loving old broads in their places before, but this time I just enjoyed a good belly laugh.

A couple of days ago, one of them posted about an ice cream truck in the neighborhood that was not making the kids observe social distancing at the curb.
    :facepalm:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That is my wife. She actually called someone a mouth breather and gets in regular arguments over dumb stuff liberals say. She will send me screen shots and say "I got another one"

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Guy I deployed with years ago sent me a friend request on FB and I accepted.

Today he posted a HufPo article with the headline about Trump acting like a dictator. I actually read the damned thing and it was about as ridiculous as I expected. The stimulus was equated to several other countries paying out to those not working and authoritarians attempting to get economies back on track.

It then went on to say that Trump was following the lead of modern dictators by not being authoritarian enough, but if he starts to act more authoritarian it’s a sure sign of his authoritarianism, lol.

Being bored, I decided to rebut his article. Started with the stimulus. Pointed out that it was passed unanimously by the senate and that Dems were the ones that pushed for the increased unemployment benefits fire it was sent to the house where Pelosi and Co pushed for an extra $600/week on top of that but were stopped by Rs. I used left wing sites as sources for everything I posted.

Went on from there and pointed out that the article claims that Trump is authoritarian regardless of what action he takes using quotes from the article. Then posted links from left wing sites confirming that it is the Dems who are demanding that Trump take a more authoritarian stance.

Honestly, I wasted way too much time on it. But I couldn’t help but laugh when he replied with a string of incoherent insults completely unrelated to anything I posted or in the article. Hope I ruined his day.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Believe me, I was very, very tempted. I have been known to put the cat loving old broads in their places before, but this time I just enjoyed a good belly laugh.

A couple of days ago, one of them posted about an ice cream truck in the neighborhood that was not making the kids observe social distancing at the curb.
    :facepalm:

Tell them they need to stay away. There is evidence that old bats carry the virus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom