• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    SPFSPFSPF

This pistol has been refinished at some point in its life, but it is a bona-fide Prussian contract "Red 9" original 9mm Broomhandle, not a later 9mm re-chambering (Correct serial range, sight leaf range numbers, 9mm follower). Manufactured sometime around 1916-1918. The grips have been sanded down at some point, hence the lack of a "9" burned into them, but they have the serial number stamped into them so they are the original grips. I've thought about getting some repop Big Red Nine grips, but I preferred having the original wood. It loads, cycles and fires just fine, but I haven't put too many rounds through it overall.

I'm not sure what would float my boat as far as trades go, I'm pretty open minded, but my preference is towards military rifles of pretty much any vintage. I'd love something in a .308 semi (FAL, M14, AR10), decent levers, or a nice semi package in 54R. I'd also look at a 22mag or 17hmr as a partial.

Best estimates on value have been in the $12-1500 range. More than a standard 7.63 broomhandle because of the relative scarcity of the original 9mm chamberings.

wgs0nk.jpg

206oewm.jpg

2be4nq.jpg

21b3n6w.jpg

1gt8vp.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    Any pitting on/in this pistol. How many rounds did you fire through it, and what kind of accuracy did you experience? Any FTF's and or FTE's? Is any of the bluing left? Thank you for your response.

Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    I fired exactly one clip through it, 10 rounds. No FTE or FTF, but had to nudge the bolt the last 1/4" closed on the first round. As for condition of bluing, I'm really not a gun grader. I'll try to get some sharper pics shortly so you can judge for yourself. Just a tiny bit of pitting on frame.

Psychsurf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    corpus Christi
    Lots of bites, nothing landed. Still available. I'm sorry it's not an AR15, but at least it has had a stable and predictable value for the last few months. ;)

I'm probably going to get some repop "red 9" grips here in the next couple of weeks.

Top Bottom