• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    No. You just don't get it. She's exactly like Schwarzenegger.
    I realize this!! even Swartzy did some good there though!!! and as you cant have but 1 of the 2 poor choices running right now, at least with Meg you "Have" a chance at somewhat good governing where-as with ole jerry you already know he's gonna DO MORE HARM to CA.!!!!! Jerry has the BAD record in politics not Meg.........thats all i was trying to point out and im right!!!
    Gun Zone Deals

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    To be fair...Arnie started out good, then he scared the crap outta the unions, then he made a couple big mistakes and ended up saying that heard the people's message loud and clear and has been worthless ever since.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I realize this!! even Swartzy did some good there though!!! and as you cant have but 1 of the 2 poor choices running right now, at least with Meg you "Have" a chance at somewhat good governing where-as with ole jerry you already know he's gonna DO MORE HARM to CA.!!!!! Jerry has the BAD record in politics not Meg.........thats all i was trying to point out and im right!!!

LOL, Ahh-nold didn't do anything right...

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Just a curiosity of mine:

Why do any of you care?

Don't take this to come off in a condescending way because that isn't my intended message, but it's not as though you live in California and clearly you aren't considering moving there. Why should it matter to you if the state has a history of Democratic politics? If California isn't the place you want to be (unlike Jed) then don't be there, plain and simple. Why make such a big stink about it?

Mpst everything illegal, immoral, or unsightly caomes or came originally from that place.

Cuate, I can just picture you waving a Bible menacingly while saying that. "Fire and brimstone, I tell ye!"

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Why do we care about Commiefornia? So what if they go completely bankrupt? Why should it be any skin off our back?

Unfortunately most presidents, especially President Soc ...., er, I mean President Obummer, can't/won't let that happen. If Texas under great Repug leadership next year in the legislature and governorship, continues to do better than the rest of the States then eventually he will come up with some sche...., I mean plan, to rescue the state. It will be similar to TARP and Stimulus I, "Ahhhh, uhhhh, ummm, WE must act NOW to, ahhhh, uhhhh, ummmm, help our brothers and sisters who are in dire need of our help, through NO fault of their own".

If anyone cannot envision this, then hurry and get some of that Oceanfront Land in Arizona before it is all gone.

suhsjake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    San Antonio

Why do any of you care?

Don't take this to come off in a condescending way because that isn't my intended message, but it's not as though you live in California and clearly you aren't considering moving there. Why should it matter to you if the state has a history of Democratic politics? If California isn't the place you want to be (unlike Jed) then don't be there, plain and simple. Why make such a big stink about it?

Cuate, I can just picture you waving a Bible menacingly while saying that. "Fire and brimstone, I tell ye!"

I care because that is where most of my family is. My Mom, Dad, Sis, both grandparents, aunts and uncles still all live in CA. Considering a good chunk of the US food comes from CA also. California is a beautiful and diverse state (as most of you would consider Texas to be the same), it is just the politics that suck and that is what is going to come around and bite everyone in the arse.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I care because I feel sorry for the Californians. No one should have to live in such an oppressive state. I guess I'm just a bleeding heart, lol... You also have to consider that California is a big state, and when it's doing poorly it tends to drag everyone around it down as well. It's like trying to steer a ship with an anchor dangling in the water...

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Why do any of you care?
    Seriously CW??? youve got to be joking. if Crazifornia continues to fail as it is, OUR tax $$$$$ WILL BE USED to bail that state out. and not to mention MOST ALL Liberal minded bad/NAZI created laws were generated/passed in Ca first and then spread to its fellow LIB run states. and eventually got passed here in texas!!!! Um like helmet laws for kids on bikes, Um smoking laws and heck even seatbelt laws ALL STARTED in CA. and moved out EAST etc!! most none of us here were in child seats in cars growing up and we're still here now arent we?? as well as the Helmet manuf's stuffed SO much $$ in the pockets of the Ca politician and POW, look at how many helmets are sold in the U.S. every kid i grew up with NEVER wore a helmet riding their bike and are still alive today..... I guess you just dont want to see why WE should CARE!!!! but those STUPID laws cost EVERYONE MORE $$$$$$

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    MOST ALL Liberal minded bad/NAZI created laws were generated/passed in Ca first and then spread to its fellow LIB run states. and eventually got passed here in texas!!!! Um like helmet laws for kids on bikes, Um smoking laws and heck even seatbelt laws ALL STARTED in CA. and moved out west etc!!

Started in California... and "moved out west".

That aside, this all comes down to a question of what you fear the Obama administration is going to do with your tax dollars? Bail out the state of California?

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Started in California... and "moved out west".

That aside, this all comes down to a question of what you fear the Obama administration is going to do with your tax dollars? Bail out the state of California?
    TYPO lil buddy ,meant to say moved out east obviously. and YES i fear this administration with the help of its OWNED Congress and Senate will try to BAIL out Ca!! and i fully disagree with such a move cause CA. deserves to be BROKE for GIVING all those tax $$$ to a bunch of LOSERS and ILLEGALS!!!!!! Ca needs to FIX THIS THEMSELVES!!!! you just cant REWARD them with SAFETY BAILOUT $$ everytime they screw up......

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Why do any of you care?

I can tell you why we should all care.

I (and a few others like me) left because we could see the writing on the wall in CA. The fiscal policies of the progressives are destroying that state, and destroying the prosperity of the people who live there. This drives people out.

It even drives progressives out. But progressives are a special breed. They don't learn from mistakes. They think that if you "try hard enough" anything can work. So CA is going to get worse and worse, and eventually the progressives are even going to give up on it and move elsewhere.

Here, for one place.

And then, being what they are, they're going to recreate what they did to destroy California (and New York, and New Jersey, and Michigan). Only this time it'll be seven other states. Including ours.

Progressives are basically locusts. They destroy by sucking all the good out of a place, stealing everything they can just to burn it in a big bonfire and when all the good is gone, they move on to some other place and repeat.

That's why we should all care.

Their track record.

Exactly what states have the Federal government bailed out during this administration, skeeter?

Everybody but the taxpayer. Including states, counties and cities.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Progressives are basically locusts. They destroy by sucking all the good out of a place, stealing everything they can just to burn it in a big bonfire and when all the good is gone, they move on to some other place and repeat.

If you had thrown the word 'God' into those two sentences about three times I would have assumed that your account had been hacked by Glenn Beck. More to the point of all of this, though -- Why is it that you think that progressive politics are creeping into Texas? Is it because White may actually have a shot at beating Perry?

Everybody but the taxpayer. Including states, counties and cities.

So what are you proposing? That you want a government hand out as a taxpayer? A stimulus check?

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I remember getting a stimulus check back during the previous admin.

Sadly, it was the same time gas shot up through the roof and all that money went right into Dub's buddies pockets. :(

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you had thrown the word 'God' into those two sentences about three times I would have assumed that your account had been hacked by Glenn Beck. More to the point of all of this, though -- Why is it that you think that progressive politics are creeping into Texas? Is it because White may actually have a shot at beating Perry?

So what are you proposing? That you want a government hand out as a taxpayer? A stimulus check?

That would be me getting my own money back. I'd be happy with them just cutting expenses to the bone and then doing the same to my tax burden. Think about it - 25% of your pay goes right to the feds. Then with all the taxes and fees they incur on businesses you've got another 40% of everything you buy going to the feds. That's 65 freaking percent!! How the hell is that sustainable!?

The federal government is the single largest employer of union labor.
    The average civilian government worker makes significantly more than the average citizen so long as you measure such a thing honestly and count each side's benefits packages.

But back to my point. "Stimulating" big businesses, state and local governments with "free" money isn't going to help us out. It was just payback going out from Congress and the administrations that wrote those checks. What would help us out infinitely more would be some huge tax cuts and correspondingly huge reductions in government's size.

Here's a great example - Certain legislators in DC are getting all upset about high fructose corn syrup (which ain't any worse than sugar, truth be told, but meh), so they want to impose a tax on it. Problem is, high fructose corn syrup is used as a sweetener because it's so cheap. But why is it cheap? Because of government subsidies for farmers. So instead of just eliminating the pork they're using to try buying votes (often successfully), they instead decide to add a tax.

Our politicians are broken. We need to get rid of them, reform the system to get it working the way it should (repealing the 17th Amendment would help immensely) and then keep a closer watch on things. Unfortunately most of my fellow Americans aren't going to give a shit until things get really bad, and then they're going to panic and stupidly act on emotion instead of on reason, which is going to simply empower the wrong politicians who are going to seize more power and probably make things even worse.

As a matter of fact, that's what's got CA so fucked up. People there vote their emotions instead of using reason. Just before I left, there was a proposition called 1A that took out $1+ billion dollars in bond money to pay for high speed rail, with the promise of a $140 (IIRC) ticket taking you from San Francisco to Los Angeles (why anybody would want to go to either is beyond me, they both suck hard) in something like 2 1/2 or 3 hours. Never mind the fact that you can drive it for less in about 4 or that you can usually get a plane ticket for around $150 that does the trick in about 45 minutes. Those aren't even the point. The point is that these morons didn't bother to read what they voted into law. That not one foot of track would be laid. Not one piece of equipment purchased or even rented. Not one square foot of land bought or leased for the project. This all disappeared into a deep, deep bureaucratic hole with people apparently just lining their pockets with taxpayer money.

But hey, a high speed train "just like in Europe!!!" (never mind that CA's bigger than most Euro nations with far lower population density - oops, there I go with that "reason" thing again) that's "good for the environment" and will "combat global warming" has all the awesome shiny buzzwords in it to convince every retard on the coast that it needs to happen sometime like yesterday.

Morons don't even realize that the ticket price is after heavy subsidies...

God, I hate California. Not the land itself, but the government and a good portion of the people, especially LA and SF. I could go on for hours about the stupidity that goes on out there and not even begin to cover it all.

I remember getting a stimulus check back during the previous admin.

Sadly, it was the same time gas shot up through the roof and all that money went right into Dub's buddies pockets. :(

I know. I'm also pissed that the government gets a percentage of every gallon!! Do they really have to tax EVERYTHING!?

I hate statists, no matter which party they're in.

Top Bottom