Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Savage Rascal might be a better rifle.
    Three things:
    1. Agreed on account of the better trigger.
    2. My memory fails me about sights. Aren't the ones on the Savage a little better?
    3. The safety situation is a toss-up. Personally, I have a slight preference, in a first rifle, for a separate cocking motion. It's not a deal-killer, though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... I would buy the rifle and take it to her.
    I vote for this course of action. The only hang-ups are the mechanics of getting the gift card or paypal proceeds to you.

This is definitely coming together. Only a little patience is needed. I suggest you should find out which Academy near you has the rifle you want in stock.

Also, is the email address you used to sign up to the forum still good for communications, for PayPal, and for receiving gift cards?

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I vote for this course of action. The only hang-ups are the mechanics of getting the gift card or paypal proceeds to you.

This is definitely coming together. Only a little patience is needed. I suggest you should find out which Academy near you has the rifle you want in stock.

Also, is the email address you used to sign up to the forum still good for communications, for PayPal, and for receiving gift cards?

Academy will order the rifle, they do not have them in stock. But it only takes a couple of days for them to get it in. This is according to their website.

The email address that I used to sign up here on the forum is my Paypal address also. I will PM it to anyone who needs it.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Seeing from previous posts that the donations for the cost of this rifle will most likely be covered almost immediately, I'm thinking any donations over the cost could go to ammo and maybe a carry case. Thoughts?

ETA- Just seen Dawico's post about this...Yes, the post right above this one.:facepalm:

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Seeing from previous posts that the donations for the cost of this rifle will most likely be covered almost immediately, I'm thinking any donations over the cost could go to ammo and maybe a carry case. Thoughts?

ETA- Just seen Dawico's post about this...Yes, the post right above this one.:facepalm:

Yes, all money over the cost of the rifle will be used for ammo, carry case and etc.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I randomly found a cricket rifle a couple of years ago at a leather shop. He had a few knifes and guns as well. He gave it to me half off because it didn't have keys with it. I put the keystone scope on it. My 8 and 5 year old sons use it. I think it shoots great is just as fun as my rar. I have no complaints so far

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Why not contact her Dad and see what she wants. Figure how much we need. Get the money to him to make the buy. If he can be trusted that is. Sounds like she's going to get a lot better deal than a Cricket.

I would suggest something like this https://www.ruger.com/products/americanRimfireCompact/models.html I have one and it's very accurate and because of the stock fits a child (my 9 yr old Grandson loves it) and an adult. I found mine for under $200.

Or another thought, get in touch with the shooting coach and see what he recommends and go from there.

I'm in also.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    boy did i miss this post, i would like to help also if im not to late.

Seems like with all of us contributing she could have about a $500 budget for rifle, ammo & accessories.

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    I’ll throw in on this...can we go ahead and get her a better rifle, maybe a CZ youth model that she can eventually restock/modify and continue to utilize as she grows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom