• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ZX9RCAM,

At a minimum, IF I believe that the threat is serious, the person will get punched in the mouth & with as much force as I can muster at age 71. - He also might end up "wearing a chair for a hat" if he manhandled my daughter/lady.
    Note: Washington DC does not allow "- - - -out of District retired police" to carry firearms, by city ordinance.

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

Let's say that you go into a café with your wife/GF & the moron left comes in & starts threatening the two of you and/or "puts their hands on her"/frightens her (As Mrs. Cruz reportedly was threatened/frightened by the "howling mob"), WHAT do you DO in response??
    (Reportedly, as the Cruz left, a "protestor" screamed, "We know who your !@#$%^! brats are & where they go to school".)

IF the HATEFUL LEFT ever "lays hands on" my daughter and/or Darla OR threatens to hurt either of them, it will QUICKLY "not be pretty" for the mob.

yours, satx
    As far as I know nobody has been putting their hands on anyone in these attacks other than the one where the kid had his hat taken and drink thrown in his face, and you can see results of that. As far as I know assault is still a crime.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    easy rider,

I note that you did NOT say what (if any) action that you would take in the event that your lady threatened with a violent attack and/or was actually assaulted.

Would you care for "a do-over"??

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

I note that you did NOT say what (if any) action that you would take in the event that your lady threatened with a violent attack and/or was actually assaulted.

yours, satx
    Let me put it this way then. If you physically attack someone that only threatens you or your lady, you then can be charged with assault. I'm still alive and can't say how many times people have said they were going to kill me.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

yours, satx
    Oh yeah, and for the "actually assaulted", then all bets are off. I have said I will defend myself or those I care about.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...z-wife-returned-to-finish-meal-after-protests

upload_2018-9-26_13-36-40.png

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Let me put it this way then. If you physically attack someone that only threatens you or your lady, you then can be charged with assault. I'm still alive and can't say how many times people have said they were going to kill me.

easy rider,

Actually the laws of the District of Columbia say: IF "a reasonable person" is threatened by another person & believes that assault, grievous bodily harm or death is eminent & thereafter uses any force, short of deadly force, the use of such force in defense of one's is justifiable under law."
    (So YES you can be arrested but if the law is followed you will neither be tried or convicted.)

yours, satx

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    easy rider,

Actually the laws of the District of Columbia say: IF "a reasonable person" is threatened by another person & believes that assault, grievous bodily harm or death is eminent & thereafter uses any force, short of deadly force, the use of such force in defense of one's is justifiable under law."
    (So YES you can be arrested but if the law is followed you will neither be tried or convicted.)

yours, satx
    Just keep in mind that the "jury of your peers" would be from the jurisdiction of DC in the hypothetical, not Texans.... and the capital police are the same ones who arrested one of Cruz's interns for an empty shotgun shell in his vehicle.

It's not likely these types would be very bold outside of their liberal enclaves...but when they are in their natural environment (liberal cesspools), they are emboldened. A jury pool in Austin would not likely be very favorable, either.

Take care,

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Lunyfringe,

You will note that I said in the previous post that if the law is followed, that you wouldn't be tried or convicted.

Nonetheless, IF I believe that my daughter/Darla is in eminent danger OR has been assaulted, I will react with violence, short of deadly force.
    I'll take my chance with a jury to protect them from harm.

yours, satx

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Lunyfringe,

You will note that I said in the previous post that if the law is followed, that you wouldn't be tried or convicted.

Nonetheless, IF I believe that my daughter/Darla is in eminent danger OR has been assaulted, I will react with violence, short of deadly force.
    I'll take my chance with a jury to protect them from harm.

yours, satx
    I think we've come across different DA's with different agendas over our lifetimes.

I don't have as much faith in the system as you appear to...
    I do agree that if someone's life is in danger, I will act- but I fully expect in places like DC, NY, CA, Denver or even Austin that I would be arrested, stand trial and depending on the "peers" in that area I could be convicted... it would also depend on the charges.

but when loved ones (or in many other cases, just innocent bystanders) are endangered I would feel compelled to act- and damn the consequences...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    easy rider,

yours, satx
    If for whatever reason I get lost and end up in the District of Columbia, I'll try to remember that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    A verbal threat isn’t necessarily enough to make a reasonable person believe there is an eminent threat.

And going to trial doesn’t mean that the law isn’t being followed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    If for whatever reason I get lost and end up in the District of Columbia, I'll try to remember that.

easy rider,

As you probably remember, I used to be stationed in DC when I was on AD.
    (FUN FACT: Because of having been in charge of WBTS memorial ceremonies for cemeteries in DC for a decade plus, I am the ONLY person who is allowed to FIRE CANNON SALUTES for funerals/memorial ceremonies in The District.)

yours, satx

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Violence solves a lot of problems. If the right would start beating resistors, a lot of this would go away. You don't stop insurrection by "reasoning" with them.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Violence solves a lot of problems. If the right would start beating resistors, a lot of this would go away. You don't stop insurrection by "reasoning" with them.
    Doing things like that can turn people on your side against you. You can never please everyone, but you can certainly turn most of them against you if you become the monster.

Top Bottom