• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Doing things like that can turn people on your side against you. You can never please everyone, but you can certainly turn most of them against you if you become the monster.

Then expect more of the same. This just in, now we have a fourth accuser to Kavanaugh.
    The Republic was born of blood. Liberty is not free. Years go by and the left gets more brazen. They unsurp the rule of law, they assault those that disagree with them, and then they play the victim. We have people inside the govt. now that want to undo the election by any means available. I didn't read thru 10 pages so maybe someone posted an appropriate solution? Get out and vote? We did that and DT won. Write your elected official? They don't listen. File an offense report? Takes place after the fact. I'm just stating the obvious. We don't allow rabid dogs to run around biting people. We don't let rattle snakes nest in our house. It is the classic tale mankind has always dealt with, good vs. evil.
    Guns International

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Violence solves a lot of problems.
    Yes.
    If the right would start beating resistors, a lot of this would go away.
    No.

Those two statements apply to completely different circumstances.

Violence is the proper response in many scenarios that all of us can envision. But breaking out a silver platter to hand to your political opponents a bunch of martyrs is pretty much the definition of stupid in this information age. There was a time when a small-scale political problem could be solved with violence, sometimes for good and sometimes for ill. Nowadays, that no longer works.
    Write your elected official? They don't listen.
    Then be more effective. Want to know how? Start by listening to someone who can teach you.
    It is the classic tale mankind has always dealt with, good vs. evil.
    It really is possible to defeat evil, in practical terms, while eschewing violence.

We may reach a point when violence is warranted. I'll join you when that time comes. But we're not even close to that and I sincerely doubt we'll get there in my lifetime.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    east rider; younggun,

Both of you are presuming that the HOSTILITY & ARMED VIOLENCE by the LEFTISTS doesn't become so widespread that the "moderates" won't cheer the use of some selective violence to restore safety to go about their routine lives.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish,

EXACTLY SO. = I, too, hope that I don't live long enough to see an actual civil insurrection that the government CHOOSES to not put down with police/military forces.

I was in CAMILLE, KATRINA, HUGO & HARVEY, when roving gangs of looters/criminals & some other groups of evildoers HAD to be STOPPED until the local/State police & military forces like the NG could arrive & get organized.

Had it not been for hastily-organized local groups of homeowners, who armed themselves to protect persons & property, the mess after those hurricanes would have been FAR worse than it was.

Fyi, my first major disaster was CARLA that pretty well destroyed whole parishes in LA. - I was an Explorer Scout at the time & even we were called to help in the rescue/recovery effort.
    (I spent my weeks on State militia service cooking/serving food & carrying messages to the professional & volunteer forces that were on "the cutting edge" of the recovery effort.
    (To paraphrase an old quote: "They also serve who peel vegetables, make coffee & serve food.")

yours, satx

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    I was in CAMILLE, KATRINA, HUGO & HARVEY, when roving gangs of looters/criminals & some other groups of evildoers HAD to be STOPPED .....
    I did Katrina (+3 days / +7 months) and your sure right about that. I saw a lot of bad stuff go down but I was on the right end of a gun. Lotta military...lotta contractors.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    east rider; younggun,

Both of you are presuming that the HOSTILITY & ARMED VIOLENCE by the LEFTISTS doesn't become so widespread that the "moderates" won't cheer the use of some selective violence to restore safety to go about their routine lives.

yours, satx
    I don't want to see those on the right as the perpetrators of violence. Certainly there has been violence from the left, but not on a scale to call an all out war. I believe the the majority of people in the U.S. have seen what they can do and are leaning right, but it wouldn't take much to tip the scales and even have some on the right move left if the right calls for violence.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I’m not one to call for violence but we better start organizing better and calmly stand firm, increase moving forward through strong assertiveness and quit bending over every time a dem squeaks or squalks.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I am not calling for the slaughter of any Democrat . What I am saying is that we should stop with the kid gloves. If you dragged every resistor out by their hair of the Senate Chambers or Senators offices that were disorderly, this would lessen. During BLM or Antifa marches at the first sign of insurrection you shut it down by fire hose, nightstick, or pepper spray and arrest every single one.
    If more people got punched in the face when they try to stop others from eating at a restaurant, this would lessen. Call me a terrorist when I attend a fundraiser, get kicked in the balls.

When a bully bullies, going to see the principal, going to detention, or even being expelled does not make him any less of a bully. This is what we are dealing with. Enforce the law, use force to enforce the law, and allow citizens not to be penalized because they stand for the Republic, which clearly these people do not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I don't want to see those on the right as the perpetrators of violence. Certainly there has been violence from the left, but not on a scale to call an all out war. I believe the the majority of people in the U.S. have seen what they can do and are leaning right, but it wouldn't take much to tip the scales and even have some on the right move left if the right calls for violence.

easy rider,

When LIVES are at stake, as a result of CRIMINAL VIOLENCE of the sort that I personally saw after KATRINA, I'll worry about "public opinion" sometime AFTER my home & family are SAVED from the storm & the criminal predators.

The roving gangs of PREDATORS after Katrina were attacking people in their homes at random, committing sexual assaults of women & children, looting private/public property, stealing cars, committing arson
    & destroying public & private property.
    The mayor of New Orleans told the local police to "stand down" to "avoid violence committed against the poor & minority people".

Had it not been for the ordinary local folks, who armed themselves & organized for neighborhood/cooperative defense, the HORRID MESS in the wake of the storm would have been FAR WORSE than it was.
    "His Honor", the Mayor, described the neighborhood cooperative DEFENSE GROUPS as "lawless vigilantes", who preyed upon the "minority community, because they were racists." - He also said, that nobody should blame the ARSONISTS/ARMED ROBBERS/ LOOTERS/SEX CRIMINALS, as "they were just getting things that they needed."
    The fact that the criminals were taking/destroying the private property of AND committing violent acts (like rape, sodomy, etc.) against other storm victims was deemed to be "unimportant" & "understandable" by "His Honor's spokesman".
    (Those folks who were lucky enough to NOT be in the area after Katrina don't have clue as to how AWFUL that the criminal violence after the storm was.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    ToAll,

After my Darla, her brother & her uncle were OUT of Harris County after HARVEY, I found myself helping run a local "evacuation center" for some weeks.

A DPS trooper came up to me one afternoon at the center, I gave him a cup of coffee & after talking to me for a few moments, he asked me, "Are you wearing a gun?"
    I said, "YES, I am."
    He then said, "SMART MAN", took his cup of coffee & went back to work.

yours, satx

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems there is a lot of inconsistency in this discussion.

A: “Cruz got thrown heckled by a bunch is snowflakes”

B: “We need to start getting physical with these bastards”

A: “That’s not a smart way to deal with snowflake hecklers”

B: “So if someone came in your house and tried to rape your wife for supporting Trump you would just stand there.”

A: “No, I’m saying we need to be smart about dealing with these snowflakes”

B: “So you’re saying I’m a lobster.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If an establishment allows protesters to chase others out of their place, the law won't be on your side if you use violence. If an establishment doesn't allow it, as it seems with the case of Cruz, they call the police and the police will remove them, and the law still won't be on your side if you use violence.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Younggun,

I don't know how you see such things BUT there is a BIG difference in my mind between "heckling a person" & THREATENING a wife & her children with violence, as was reported that a "protestor" said to Mrs. Cruz.
    (According to the report of that evening, the "protestor" said to her, "We know where you live, who your [F-bomb] brats are, where they go to school & we are going to come after them.")
    To ME, that's a LOT more serious than "heckling".

yours, satx

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    We all know who was behind this:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsLIel8-QQ0Mk0mJ8LSalXZ17I1Y-abtDAcSyqM0szH_xYh3ks.jpg

You know, the go after the conservatives everywhere campaign. Yet, she gives campaign money illegally to her own daughter for all her assumed social justice?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Younggun,

I don't know how you see such things BUT there is a BIG difference in my mind between "heckling a person" & THREATENING a wife & her children with violence, as was reported that a "protestor" said to Mrs. Cruz.
    (According to the report of that evening, the "protestor" said to her, "We know where you live, who your [F-bomb] brats are, where they go to school & we are going to come after them.")
    To ME, that's a LOT more serious than "heckling".

yours, satx
    Empty threats are made everyday.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sticks and stones
    Generally, I agree. However, satx is on to something about that particular statement (to paraphrase: "I know where you live/where your kids are/etc.") coming much closer to a line and, arguably, crossing it.

I've seen that stuff shouted at a judge, in a court. The person talking was immediately taken into custody. I have no idea what happened after that but I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for the person making the (barely) disguised threat.

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I can't stand snowflakes. I remember when I left grad school to join the USBP, the neat and trim students were turning into the dirty hippies with dreads made of dirt and other crap. I was glad I was leaving if that was the new generation. Apparently, the theme continued. I remember a couple of guys when I was an SSA wanted to go to NY Pizza which was on the UNM campus area. Still dirty hippies over seven years later. Now, they are "snow flakes." Personally, I think they are just flakes.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Generally, I agree. However, satx is on to something about that particular statement (to paraphrase: "I know where you live/where your kids are/etc.") coming much closer to a line and, arguably, crossing it.

I've seen that stuff shouted at a judge, in a court. The person talking was immediately taken into custody. I have no idea what happened after that but I'm sure it wasn't pleasant for the person making the (barely) disguised threat.
    I'm sure they go on what they believe is a credible threat. I'm sure if Ted Cruz felt it was credible threat he would have informed the authorities. You also have to remember there are laws that apply to public figures that don't often apply to others.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I'm sure they go on what they believe is a credible threat. I'm sure if Ted Cruz felt it was credible threat he would have informed the authorities. You also have to remember there are laws that apply to public figures that don't often apply to others.

easy rider,

So you wouldn't be at all concerned if some obviously "unbalanced" person like the woman, who reportedly threatened the Cruz family, threatened your wife/children??

Having been shot, stabbed, bludgeoned with a club & intentionally run-down with a PU after having had those criminals threaten me, perhaps I take what TX law calls "terroristic threats" more seriously than a civilian does.

yours, satx

Top Bottom