• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    She's below the age of consent so what happened\happening is considered rape in TX is another complexity.

Texas does not Have an offense of rape. We have sexual assault, and not if the actor is not more than 3 years older tuan the victim. She could have been 14 and it is not statutory.....

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I'd wager that's because no young man would be stupid enough to date a girl willing to tell lies that that can get them killed.

Kids that age are known for being liars as well as thinking "it won't happen to me".

She'll tell lies to make herself look better, they'll believe it, and then they'll date her thinking nothing bad will happen to them.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    The only party that should face charges should be the daughter. Her actions and her lies put her boy friend in that situation. The father did the right thing and called 911. The kid should have known better than to make a sudden move. I'd like to hear the 911 recording.

Edit: I heard the story wrong. They called 911 after the shooting. Even so, dad was shooting an "invader who made a move for an object" until his daughter later told him the truth.

Last edited:

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    It's not just the daughter, that kid should have known better then to enter into a mans house without his consent or knowledge; and then after getting caught the young man should have stayed quiet and only spoke when spoken to answering only "yes sir" or "no sir."

More than one factor contributed to his death, and the boy wasn't some innocent victim who didn't know what he was doing was wrong.

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Edit: I heard the story wrong. They called 911 after the shooting. Even so, dad was shooting an "invader who made a move for an object" until his daughter later told him the truth.

Not necessary. The initial OP report stated the call happened before any struggle/argument and the kid was shot. Other news reports say officers were responding to a call there when another call came in from the girl that her dad has shot the boy. All seems pretty basic reporting, without a precise and consistent timeline of all the events. Have to wait and see what filters out.................

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It would probably be easier to bring up criminally negligent homicide versus manslaughter charge on the daughter. She should have reasonably known her actions could get him injured.

Articles says, "daughter claimed to not know the male teen."

In this day and age, she might have been telling the truth.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Not necessary. The initial OP report stated the call happened before any struggle/argument and the kid was shot. Other news reports say officers were responding to a call there when another call came in from the girl that her dad has shot the boy. All seems pretty basic reporting, without a precise and consistent timeline of all the events. Have to wait and see what filters out.................

The story in this thread says dad called 911, then argument ensued with boy.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    If a 17 yr old kid (who's not a felon) gets killed, it's always a tragedy. Regardless of the circumstances, everybody involved will suffer. So many bad decisions all in one room. Sad.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    That sucks :( feel terrible for all persons affected by that. But it's like that scenario where a husband came home to his wife cheating on him. Instead of admitting that she was having an affair, she yelled rape, which caused the guy to run out the door and the husband shot him. SHE got charged, not the husband. But I can't imagine ANYONE felt like they did the right thing in that situation. :(

zen1300

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2013
    If she said she didn't know the boy, what did the boy say? Did he say, "That's right, I don't know her."?

I play this out in my mind with my daughters. I don't know that I would believe this was a random intruder.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    most dads just clean their guns in front of their daughter's dates

if it went down like the article said, I hope the dad gets no-billed.. he will have enough guilt to last him a life time thanks to his daughter

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The story in this thread says dad called 911, then argument ensued with boy.

But like I said, other news reports added some details not included in the first one, especially the 2nd 911 call by the daughter. Sometimes it is advisable to read more about the subject than just what is printed in the original news story. Helps get a broader view of the thing.

(Wonder about the father/daughter relationship now, and if it was adversarial before. She could lie and/or tell truth to the police about boy reaching for something, what she said, etc...............)

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Daughter's fault for not informing boyfriend dad will kill you and lying...
    Boyfriend's fault for sneaking into an armed father's house...
    Dad's fault for not knowing who his daughter is dating...

Stupid games/stupid prizes

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Just read an update saying that the prosecutions office has indicated that the father will not likely be charged given the evidence turned up in the investigation. In a situation like that, clearly everybody has been affected by in a negative way. I would certainly not want to be the one to charge him for that, especially after what the whole family has gone through. Though I am willing to bet that the boyfriend's family will pursue something if the prosecutors don't.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Articles says, "daughter claimed to not know the male teen."

In this day and age, she might have been telling the truth.
    I see her getting a spot on the Maury Povich Show, right after the next "Hoo Da Baby-Daddy" segment.

Top Bottom