• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    As I expected, the family of the boy came out and said they are upset that he is not in jail for life. They basically said "If you take a life, you need to give up yours," *sigh* I understand they are going through a lot of pain and they want to be able to blame someone but people need to think about it from the father's perspective. And then of course they also said they had no idea he (their son) was even in town, that they thought he was in New Orleans for spring break; he was a junior in high school. I am surprised that no one here is really focusing on what the daughter did. The parents said that the daughter's statement of not knowing him was really hurtful. Uhm, it wasn't just hurtful, it was effectively what signed his death warrant. A 16 year old seeing her dad with a gun ought to know better. She essentially sacrificed his life to try and avoid getting punished for sleeping with her boyfriend. Very sad.
    Texas SOT

JSF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2013
    Lufkin
    As I expected, the family of the boy came out and said they are upset that he is not in jail for life. They basically said "If you take a life, you need to give up yours," *sigh* I understand they are going through a lot of pain and they want to be able to blame someone but people need to think about it from the father's perspective. And then of course they also said they had no idea he (their son) was even in town, that they thought he was in New Orleans for spring break; he was a junior in high school. I am surprised that no one here is really focusing on what the daughter did. The parents said that the daughter's statement of not knowing him was really hurtful. Uhm, it wasn't just hurtful, it was effectively what signed his death warrant. A 16 year old seeing her dad with a gun ought to know better. She essentially sacrificed his life to try and avoid getting punished for sleeping with her boyfriend. Very sad.

Yep

djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    Wonder why obama and holder haven't weighed in on this case??
    They are probably too busy???
    DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    Wonder why obama and holder haven't weighed in on this case??
    They are probably too busy???
    DJ

They won't say a word on this one, it is not a racial issue, just another case of black vs black shooting, just like all the shootings in Chicago and DC. It's still a shame that it happened, but nothing that Obama or Holder can sensationalize.

djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    My point exactly. Nothing of use to the Bobbsi twins.....and their agenda.....
    DJ

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    They won't say a word on this one, it is not a racial issue, just another case of black vs black shooting, just like all the shootings in Chicago and DC. It's still a shame that it happened, but nothing that Obama or Holder can sensationalize.
    Do you think the race-baiters could get some mileage out of this unfortunate incident if the weapon used was made by a White guy?

djr46

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Carbon
    Yep. They would have been on the guy like stink on shiite.

It is a sad situation however.

The daughter needs a good rearend busting and some Discipline for the rest of her days at home.
    DJ

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm probably on the harsh end of the spectrum. Off to military school, disowned at graduation.
    Outside remedies that might be sought within the legal system, I could agree with this. And I think you're on the "going easy on her" end of the spectrum.

Odd. Back when there was a big to-do over the idiot dad who shot his daughters laptop (yes, he was an idiot and, yes, I know I'm very much in the minority around here with that viewpoint) I was viewed as being soft on the kid. This time, I'm amazed at how forgiving some of us are being towards the daughter.

She told a lie that got someone killed, an outcome she could have reasonably foreseen. The punishment for that should be severe. If that punishment were doled out by the criminal justice system, all the better.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    If she said she didn't know the boy, what did the boy say? Did he say, "That's right, I don't know her."?

I play this out in my mind with my daughters. I don't know that I would believe this was a random intruder.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for the boy here. Thinking daughter might get her ass whooped right there, boy might well have gone along in order to protect her from getting in some deserved shit and had no idea what was going to happen. Probably not the case since they say he got into an argument with the father, but you never know.

No matter what, it's a horrible tragedy. A boy who shouldn't have been shot, a father who shouldn't have had to shoot anybody, and a girl who shouldn't have a dead boyfriend on her conscience.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    a girl who shouldn't have a dead boyfriend on her conscience.
    because she lied....I just can't get that part out of my head. To me, it really shows the power of telling lies. Had she not lied, would the story have another "happier" ending? Sad to say, we will never know. Might be a good story or example to tell our kiddos, in order to really drive the point home of the things that can come from telling lies?

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    because she lied....I just can't get that part out of my head. To me, it really shows the power of telling lies. Had she not lied, would the story have another "happier" ending? Sad to say, we will never know. Might be a good story or example to tell our kiddos, in order to really drive the point home of the things that can come from telling lies?

Another case of where the cover up is a lot worse than the crime...........................or indiscretion.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    one fact remains. If that boy had of NOT SNUCK into a house he didn't live in AT NIGHT, he would still be alive today, regardless of what the daughter, brother or dad did.

but all of us guys know what is going through a 17 year old boys mind. He was willing to take a huge risk and he paid dearly for it. The dad should walk.

Top Bottom