Ft Worth, TX
    6 miles around a lake this morning.

2n0o41w.jpg
    Texas SOT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Speaking of water. Neighbor said he saw some folks fishing a near by creek. Ill find out this morning.

Pack hike in the weeds time. Wearing the pack. I weigh a total of 260# by bathroom scale. That's 45#+ weight carried.

Gonna see if there's catfish in this creek....

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    That was an adventure. Blood weed, broom weed, and cactus with pedals bigger then a dinner plate. What looked like baby Green Toads going crazy in the standing shallow water.

Some raccoon and dog tracks. A few really weak deer trails. Not worth walking....

If there is catfish in that creek. They're small. They're locked in the deeper sections of water. Blocked off by rocks and high areas where it's dry. It's not worth it.

Stillhouse is a way better option.

Found one round of 40 S&W along the way. Somebody threw out good ammo.

Last edited:

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Coffee before a run?! Your asking for a heart condition

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Coffee before a run?! Your asking for a heart condition

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TI is the one that runs. I hike with a pack. Little slower then a range walk on speed but fast enough to raise the heartbeat.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Please explain.
    It is said that one cup of coffee before a workout is ideal in giving that kick people look for for when they want to run faster or workout longer. A lot of people do it. Most drinking more than one. However, I've learned just how negative this really is on the body.
    Where I work, we get a lot of cardiac patients. Surprisingly, most are in their 30s. Coffee before a workout does a couple things. 1: it stimulates HCI (which is the hormone used to break down food). If HCI is produced because of coffee, then when there really is food in the stomach, there's not enough to break down proteins. This causes blockages, bowel obstructions, diverculitis and other things. 2: Coffee releases the stress hormone. This raises heart rates, blood pressure and the flight or fight response. Unfortunately, it puts too much pressure on the heart and causes it to go into work overload. Some people experience chest pain and shortness of breath, along with jitters or tingling.
    Most runners suffer from poor circulation and heart disease. Not to mention colon cancer and a wide range of other problems.
    The catch is the roast used. The darker the roast, the higher the chances of longterm health problems. Then, there's the problem with creamers.
    It is wiser to eat an apple for the burst of energy before a workout than to drink coffee.
    I'm a coffee drinker myself and an active dancer. But working in the hospital has really taught me a lot about my health and bad habits.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Hike and the usual.

Added. Farmers carry after the hike. I'm going to attempt a sorta super set on my traps and neck with the farmers carry. Using 2, 25# plates.

Ill carry them as far as I can. After that. 3 min rest, then 3 sets, 10 reps of good mornings.

Work all the muscle groups that help me carry the pack weight.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Today is a long fast. Then hike.

Last food I ate was about 9pm yesterday night. About 1-2pm today, Ill hike about 2 miles. 45# pack. Drinking lots of water till then.

After that. It's 6 eggs, 16+ ounces of milk to break the fast.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Where I work, we get a lot of cardiac patients. Surprisingly, most are in their 30s. Coffee before a workout does a couple things. 1: it stimulates HCI (which is the hormone used to break down food). If HCI is produced because of coffee, then when there really is food in the stomach, there's not enough to break down proteins. This causes blockages, bowel obstructions, diverculitis and other things.
    I have diverticulitis. My Gastroenterologist told me that low fiber and high pressure in the colon is thought to cause the condition. Coffee is a diuretic, and eases the stool. He suggests coffee. I am curious from where you got your info. Is there a new study?

2: Coffee releases the stress hormone. This raises heart rates, blood pressure and the flight or fight response. Unfortunately, it puts too much pressure on the heart and causes it to go into work overload. Some people experience chest pain and shortness of breath, along with jitters or tingling.
    Caffeine does have that effect, especially in large doses.
    Most runners suffer from poor circulation and heart disease. Not to mention colon cancer and a wide range of other problems.
    Ummmm, what? From where did you get those facts? "Most" runners? Poor circulation?

I think your cardiac patients are due to overweight and diabetes. Not because they had a second cup of coffee.

nlam01

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Keep in mind this isn't one cup of coffee. This is those who drink obsessively. No, most of our cardiac patients are actually very thin. Some too thin. Most all of them drink a dark roast of some sort and mostly throughout the day. It's actually a natural bronciodialator as well. People with lung issues find drinking coffee helps them breathe a little better.
    I knew about it being a diuretic as well and that's mostly why I drink it as well as trying to wake up. It's just not a good idea to use coffee while being physically active. The caffeine in it really does cause a wide range of problems. Especially when sugar and creamer is added.

Top Bottom