Daily Workouts

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by CrazedJava, Aug 4, 2014.

1. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    no I don't but I think the family is getting one of those new fangled watches for Christmas
    I do use an app called My Net Diary
    I track everything I eat and all of my exercise and water intake with that.
    That one app has allowed me to really manage my food and calorie goals

2. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Error F2

Jan 5, 2012
    Ugh it's cold. Motivation...

I keep forgetting there's a car in the garage with heated seats. The motorcycle can a take break.

Pampered.

3. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Let press with the machine you put free weights on. 6x 45#. 3 sets of 8 reps.

Same machine, one leg at a time. 3 sets, 8 reps each leg. 110#.

Calf raises, Smith machine. 150#. 20reps x 3.

It's all rushing back....including the trauma shock of micro ripping the major muscles. Once the finer muscles catch up and I can stabilize heavier weight. Then Ill really push some weight on the leg press.

Tomorrow is my favorite. Triceps and forearms.

4. vmax

vmax TGT Addict

Apr 15, 2013
    I'm following the teaching of Michael Matthews

Heavy weights/progressive overload, nutrition and rest and recovery

If you set down to do you first set of reps, the weight should be heavy enough that you can only get 6-7 in a set

If you can do more than that, the weight it too light to really work the muscle for maxium growth

I don't to super sets or burnout sets either.
    When you do a bunch of reps with lighter weight and your muscle starts burning, that is just a build up of lactic acid and nothing more. That burn is not an indicator that you are doing any real good in building mass.

grasshopperglock likes this.
  5. pronstar

pronstar Active Member TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I don't superset the same muscle group.

I superset alternating muscle groups, so one rests while the other works. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Gone are the days when I had the time to eat a sammich between sets LOL

Increasing the weight ad nauseam works great when you're young. Old joints and 25 years of lifting mean there's a limit to what we older guys are able to recover from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vmax and grasshopperglock like this.
  6. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    I stay in the 6-8 rep, 3 sets zone. Heavy enough weight to reach failure at 6 reps on the first two sets. Same weight is used until failure happens at 8 reps on all three sets. Then it's an increase in weight to where the max is back to 6 reps on the first two sets.

Increase in weight is typically at 10#-15# on bigger groups. 5#-10# increase on the smaller stuff, like biceps, triceps.

vmax likes this.
  7. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    True that about recovery...

I stay in a perpetual state of pain. I'm currently sore as hell from the acid. By the end of the month the acid pain gos away and then it's plain muscle soreness. It never go's away except when your exercising.

8. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Lord have mercy I'm sore. It plucking hurts. From my calfs to my shoulders. Chest. It hurts to raise my arms above my head. I'm not one for pharmaceutical garbage....but I snuck a naproxen last night. Absolutely drained and dog beat down. Pain strong enough to effect my mood.

Nothing but a thing. Time to exercise.

vmax likes this.
  9. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    The acid has subsided and this weeks routine ends today. Starts over on Monday. Today is biceps. To include my least favorite of them all. Abs. I hate working the stomach.

Tell you what, Golds gym is the land of painted on yoga pants. B-dunk-E-dunk junk in the trunk. Roses and peaches. The good way....

10. grasshopperglock

Jan 5, 2012
    Tomorrow is chest. The first week is always bubbling around finding the beginning weights on muscle groups. I've pushed hard to find the beginning. The acid isn't as bad. It catches up to me about two days, after the specific exercised group. I could barely walk on Friday. Exercised Wednesday. Per my age, I need a longer recovery.

First thing tomorrow is bench press. Flat and incline. Dumbbell rows. Then either cables or machine.