• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I did a search and couldnt find anything on this so if its a repost Im sorry.
    If you havent seen the video or dont know what Im talking about you can see the video on the Fox 4 website which is where I saw it.
    Dallas Police Release Beating Video
    The story is that they try to stop a guy for riding he motorcycle on a sidewalk, he runs and a chase begins, once the chase end the officers exit to make the arrest and "beat him".
    Did they?
    Im sure in somes eyes they did but to me, from what I could see it didnt look that bad. The whole "beating" lasted only 13 seconds. Granted, that must seem like an eternity when being hit with an ASP and closed fist but I dont feel they went overboard.
    However, I really dont think it was wise for the one officer to say
    "Pull up alongside him so I can beat the sh** out of him”
    and that that potentiated the whole situation. I think it may have just been his adrenaline. How many of you have said something extreme when all hyped up knowing full well you wont make good on your word?
    I also feel that the chief is only taking the actions he is taking in an attempt to counteract some of the more recent follies since he has taken office in a effort to regain some level of respect from the public.
    Im of the belief that once you run from a cop, resist or endanger the officer's safety/life you lose all your rights.
    I do belive in police brutality and just dont think this is a valid example of officers going overboard. I think they did what they had to do. Its not like they continued hitting him once he was in custody.
    You cant see the perp...maybe he was resisting, maybe he was laying on his arm/hand? If you notice they did have some difficulty cuffing him and sometime you have to get physical to get someone to comply. You cant be stronger than everyone else out there.
    Your opinions?
    Venture Surplus ad

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Be glad to give my opinion on this subject...
    The video clearly shows the man on the bike running from the cops. This is very clear and "Yes" he should have been stopped.. The cop car hitting the rear of the bike was a very good move by the two cops. I dont think that could have been handled any better.
    Now when to cops got out of the car, I noticed the ridder get on the ground and didnt really see any reason for them to hit him. The cop on the left was cuffing the biker and the one on the right started beating the shit out of him!! After that the cop on the left decided to get him some..
    Im proud to say I see no reason why those two SOB's had to beat on the boy..
    Here's the FACTS! Two cops Vs. one young man who willingly got on the ground???!!! Those cops had no reason to beat on him, they could have easly man handled the guy and cuffed em and stuffed em!!!
    Cop using the "Stress" excuse should be relieved of duty! If you cant handle the elements of the job, find youanother one!
    I hope the biker get harsh punishment for being a hazardous driver, and I also hope those two cops get harsh punishment for acting like a couple of punks!
    I see no excuse for anyone involve with this entire event! What sad is the hazardous biker will probably get the charges dropped because the two cops acted the way they did!

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    I looked at it again because i didnt recall him voluntairily getting on the ground and just wanted to make sure cause that would sure have change my opinon a bit...are you sure he wasnt helped to the ground by one of the cops?
    cause it looked like to me that they were out of frame on the left after the guy bailed off the bike and then you see the officer go down to the grown with the BG under him.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I looked at it again because i didnt recall him voluntairily getting on the ground and just wanted to make sure cause that would sure have change my opinon a bit...are you sure he wasnt helped to the ground by one of the cops?
    cause it looked like to me that they were out of frame on the left after the guy bailed off the bike and then you see the officer go down to the grown with the BG under him.

It aint perfectly clear how he got to the groud, and if that cop had to knock him to the ground , then im fine with that too. The actions of the cop on the right was uncalled for..
    Remember, there were two cops there, the ridder didnt have anything in his hands when he got off the bike either. Between the two cops, I see no reason why they should beat on the guy. They could have man handled him with no problem.
    I could have put the guy on the ground all by myself without ever hitting him with something and hog tie his ass!!
    Two cops beating the shit out of one guy while he's on the ground say's it all.............................
    No excuse for those three idiots at all.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Dallas PD, where they treat you like a King. :P

Man, that just wrong!!
    club.gif

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    maybe he didnt have anything in his hands when he got off the bike, but we dont know if maybe he pulled something out of his pockets that we werent able to see. who knows.
    I would think PDs would by state of the art video equipment for their rigs, its a shame that 7-11 has better recoding equipment than PDs across the country.
    regardless, the proby lost his job and others are facing charges.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Meh Im all for it!! if ya decide to run from the cops and get caught, well then you get to put up with the beatings!! maybe if it was this way people would think twice about IGNORING an order from an OFFICER!!!!! this country just CODDLES THUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say pound on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    Meh Im all for it!! if ya decide to run from the cops and get caught, well then you get to put up with the beatings!! maybe if it was this way people would think twice about IGNORING an order from an OFFICER!!!!! this country just CODDLES THUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I say pound on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you run, then it sucks to be you. This guy wasn't exactly a boy scout, he has a long and distinguished criminal career. No sympathy from me, all he had to do was pull over.

Craig

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010

I agree with ya, but that aint the way it works... you cant have that, because we need the right to a fair trial. If convicted, then beat the crap out of em!!!!
    This video didnt show me professional law enforcement... I would have much rather seen the cop car tag the bike at high speed than see the cops beat a man when he's down. .

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    If you run, then it sucks to be you. This guy wasn't exactly a boy scout, he has a long and distinguished criminal career. No sympathy from me, all he had to do was pull over.

Craig
    funny how people in public safety tend to always have similar POVs
    lol

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    What I don't understand is why the guy on the crotch rocket didn't just keep on trucking. He lost them and they would never have caught him. He slowed down several times just to mock them, then took off like a bat of of hell. I think that's what pissed them off, and maybe made them more zealous in the arrest. It's hard to see in the video, and you can't hear what they are saying, but it kind of appears they were saying to get down, and he stayed on all fours, so several good wackes of the night stick got him down, and then a couple of kidney punches to get him to the point of being coffed. Maybe a little over the top, but, the guy was an ass.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    I dont feel sorry for the guy. I just think those two cops should have used a little better skills when arresting the SOB.
    If they did, then I think the courts could and would nail him a good one.
    Im afraid that the jury will feel sorry for him now, and he might just walk...
    Punishing criminal shouldnt be the cops job..
    I cant say I would have beat the crap out of that guy, because I have issues with noisy motorcycles anyhow. If I seen him on my side walk, I would have gave him the feet firts flying redneck treatment!
    I aint no cop. The cops shouldnt act in a manner that could alter his conviction.. Beating the crap out of that guy may have made them feel better, but now their out of a job and the guy might walk.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    What I don't understand is why the guy on the crotch rocket didn't just keep on trucking. He lost them and they would never have caught him..

He rode like a beginner.

As for the cops, their problems started when the did not break off the pursuit as a supervisor instructed them to do long before they caught him.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I agree with ya, but that aint the way it works...
    well OBVIOUSLY the way its done these days DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! crime is HORRENDOUS in this country these days and thugs ARE NOT afraid of or respect Cops like they did in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but SOCIETY has really HANDCUFFED the cops and thugs are handled like mistreated/ "Oh they just need a hug" / "Oh its cause they were a victim of their enviroment"!!! give me a F-ckin break!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN, if you are up to NO GOOD, well then ya get POUNDED on!!

Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    What I don't understand is why the guy on the crotch rocket didn't just keep on trucking. He lost them and they would never have caught him. He slowed down several times just to mock them, then took off like a bat of of hell. I think that's what pissed them off, and maybe made them more zealous in the arrest. It's hard to see in the video, and you can't hear what they are saying, but it kind of appears they were saying to get down, and he stayed on all fours, so several good wackes of the night stick got him down, and then a couple of kidney punches to get him to the point of being coffed. Maybe a little over the top, but, the guy was an ass.
    I almost wonder if he even knew how to ride.
    it seemed to me that he was having difficulty shifting and getting it into gear and maybe wasnt the most experienced rider.
    im not sure he was just taunting them.

Top Bottom