• ...and so much more!
  • TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    funny how people in public safety tend to always have similar POVs
    lol
    I know right. I mean common sense says if the guy never ran, this whole incident probably never happens.

no, had they listened to their sergeant and followed his command to cease the chase, everyone would be in better shape. now a criminal becomes a millionaire, two leo's will be shunned at every dept they interview at, and DPD follows through with it's "Rodney" stigmata...
    And part 2. If the cops had done as told, this incident almost definitely doesn't happen. Who says crime doesn't pay.

Craig
    Gun Zone Deals

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    well OBVIOUSLY the way its done these days DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!! crime is HORRENDOUS in this country these days and thugs ARE NOT afraid of or respect Cops like they did in the 50's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but SOCIETY has really HANDCUFFED the cops and thugs are handled like mistreated/ "Oh they just need a hug" / "Oh its cause they were a victim of their enviroment"!!! give me a F-ckin break!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN, if you are up to NO GOOD, well then ya get POUNDED on!!

Sorry, Skeeter, but I have to disagree.

Watch the video again and look at the transcript. The cop had made up his mind that the biker was getting a beat down for no other reason than he disobyed a traffic law, and then told his partner to disregard orders to stand down and continue the pursuit. They catch him, he gets off the bike and is complying with officers and THEN THEY BEAT HIM because the cops are ANGRY?

No winners...and NO ONE was right, including the ones who need to be if they are going to do the job they asked for.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

Watch the video again and look at the transcript. The cop had made up his mind that the biker was getting a beat down for no other reason than he disobyed a traffic law, and then told his partner to disregard orders to stand down and continue the pursuit. They catch him, he gets off the bike and is complying with officers and THEN THEY BEAT HIM because the cops are ANGRY?

No winners...and NO ONE was right, including the ones who need to be if they are going to do the job they asked for.

Man I hate it when people see it my way.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I think you missed my point WT, in Skeeters world you get a beatdown for RUNNING from the cops!!!!! if you're a shit-a$$ and want to break the law and then FLEE from the law, ya get THUMPED FIRST once caught and then get arrested and eventually go to court!!!!! i can ASSURE you, if done my way there'd be WAAAAAAAY less crimes comitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as this country is now run by PU$$IES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    It is all in black & white....That is Dallas, that is the DPD, That is the Chief of Police, that is Dallas politics. The situation is not unlike the English and the Irish, Israel and Hamas.
    fact is, racial hatred by some of both sides. The war began in the 60s nationwide and some of both sides continue the war. I lived in Dallas for ten years, life is too short to waste it living there no matter what your racial attitude might be, Ditto Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and El Paso....

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Dallas PD, where they treat you like a King. :P

You mean Rodney King, right?!?

I saw the video on the news this morning, and whereas I usually side with the cops in most cases such as these, this one is clearly against them.

Yeah, as a sportbike rider, I agree that it is stupid to evade the police even though you have a much better chance of getting away. The few times I have been stopped on a motorcycle I immediately pull over and remove my helmet. Heck, one time I was pulled over before the DPS car could turn around!

Anyhow, the rider is an idiot; but he didn't deserve the beatdown because it is clear he laid down when the first officer approached him. It may not be so obvious on the web version of the video, but what Fox News is showing, it is very clear.

Secondly, the first officer came at the idiot with his nightstick ready for the beatdown. Honestly, he could have jammed a knee into the guy's back and caused a lot of pain but still woud've been able to get away with it as he could have claimed he was "detaining the suspect." Instead, like a moron the Dallas cop beat the snot out of the idiot on the ground in front of his own dash camera!

As such, the officer deserves to not only be released from the police force, but should face charges for the assault. However, Fox reported that the FBI would be investigating to determine if the idiot on the motorcycle's civil rights were violated! WTH, there is absolutely no connection between his stupid decision to run, the cop's decision to beat him, and his civil rights. Once again, political correctiveness overshadows the one true crime that was committed.

As for the second officer who hit the suspect, he got a few licks in but nothing near as bad as the first. He should be disciplined but I am not sure if he too needs to be released from the force and criminally charged.

Either way, there's a nice civil suit coming Dallas' way, and it'll be a tough one for them to defend against!

Cheers! M2

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I think you missed my point WT, in Skeeters world you get a beatdown for RUNNING from the cops!!!!! if you're a shit-a$$ and want to break the law and then FLEE from the law, ya get THUMPED FIRST once caught and then get arrested and eventually go to court!!!!! i can ASSURE you, if done my way there'd be WAAAAAAAY less crimes comitted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as this country is now run by PU$$IES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I get it...and agree, there needs to be a crack down on the bad guys...however, giving the local LEO the right to beat someone down just because the perp pissed them off is going a LITTLE too far.

Had that of been my son on that bike, I woulda taken care of him when I got his happy butt home, after letting him process through and sit in Dallas County Jail for a day or so...and I would have both cops balls nailed to the wall. And I think I know you well enough to know you would to. They said ON CAMERA what they were going to do before they ever got the kid stopped...this was a planned assult because this snot nosed kid pissed them off. No place for that in LE. You do the RIGHT thing, BECAUSE it's the right thing, and you do it right.

When you have cops on the street that are becoming judge, jury and executioner then we have a problem. The cops are NOT above the law, actually they are only PART of the law, and the minute we say "well, it's alright in THIS case" then it is automatically "alright" in every case that the cops decide it is. Then, the only difference between local LEO and the ones that they are giving beat downs to is the badge.

LEO are supposed to be the finest, this didn't show it.

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    In a perfect world I would have to agree with skeeter on this one, you do the crime you get your a$$ whooped... but the reality is no matter how much spin it, race still is an issue and I don't think that this would have ended the same way had the rider been of a different persuasion. Now even if we take race out of it and deal with just the facts... we still have to trust our LEO's to be upstanding and professional... and unlike civilians... they're paid and trained to have a better temperament and use more restraint than the average Joe... bottom line! Hell if it was all about running and gunning... I say give skeeter and I a badge and let us go out and whoop some criminal butt! Fact is... once they ran over his bike... and he dropped to the ground... they could have roughed him up a bit to get the cuffs on... but that should have been it. Now if he had just raped some old ladies, robbed a bank at gun point or taken a pop shot at the cops, I would say hell yeah he got what he deserves, but he only took the cops on a joy ride... I know that pissed them off and all... but should have just thrown his a$$ under the jail IMHO! They put him in a better position than he was in before they whooped his a$$ just acting off of hate instead of using their heads.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Gear up and lets get it on brother
    ive been training for just this opportunity!!
    texasskeeter
    [video]http://s760.photobucket.com/albums/xx244/texasskeeter/?action=view&current=IMG_0084-1.mp4[/video]

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    A bit late posting on this; but I heard that the bike's kickstand kept falling down, engaging the safety cut-off for the engine and stopping the motor. The kid had to reach down with his foot & raise the kickstand to get it running again.

That may have accounted for his "stopping to taunt the cops" and his "inability to shift properly".

The cops really shouldn't have given him a beat-down. If nothing else, just to save the city a few $million.

Top Bottom