• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medic218

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Little Elm
    One problem at the ACC is that alcohol is sold at their events. The ACC may fall under the same category as a bar.
    Thats a non-issue. With the price of a single lower level ticket(not on the glass) going for 150.00 a pop they are most deff not a 51% establishment.
    Just because alcohol is sold there doesn't mean you can't carry. Applebee's and Chili's sale booze and it's perfectly fine to carry there.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Does this meet the legal definition of a professional sporting event? I don't see that it does, but I'm not a lawyer. Note below that the sporting event must be taking place to apply so if no sporting events are taking place all the other laws apply such as proper 30.06 signs.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/blogs/txinvestigator/14-basic-texas-weapons-laws-part-4.html

(2) on the premises where a high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place, unless the license holder is a participant in the event and a handgun is used in the event;
    A professional sporting event is one in which the participants are paid for their participation. This includes your typical professional sports, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, etc, as well as NASCAR and some rodeo events.

I know for a fact that all kind of people carry at the dragstrip's..

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    To me that IS a defensible position. Participant in a drag race are competing for prize money. They are not paid to be there by the organizers. Of course, I am not intimately familiar with how the money works in race events.

I'll admit I even take my old black SS to the strip and it'll have a 45 in the console and sometime a 12 gauge in the floor.

Top Bottom