• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    :mad: I use to get a average of $3k back every year till this year. Only $1800 this year, I went to 2 different tax return services and they both explained it was due to the new tax laws imposed this year. Damn it.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. I work 2 jobs just to get back $1800 back at the end of the year.
    Lynx Defense

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    :mad: I use to get a average of $3k back every year till this year. Only $1800 this year, I went to 2 different tax return services and they both explained it was due to the new tax laws imposed this year. Damn it.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:. I work 2 jobs just to get back $1800 back at the end of the year.

Just be thankful you do not owe anything to the IRS. I would rather break even than have the government use my money.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Any new tax laws would not effect your 2012 return. I'm assuming you are claiming a child and filing as Head of Household. If so, you might have made under the threshold for receiving the full amount.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I dropped a dependent and still only got half my usual refund. I'm dreading next year.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I am not aware of any new tax laws affecting individual filing federal forms in 2012. I think they are FOS.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I filed mine online as usual and noticed a couple of last years credits weren't there anymore.

It's also possible that it's due to a change in income but I attempted to account for that possibility by claiming less dependents than I have.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You should never "try" to get money back. When you do, you are loaning the government money for zero interest. You would be better served to reduce your witholding and get as near to zero as possible. Invest the money you would have loaned out free.

beaner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Plano
    ^ this

That said, I dread doing taxes this year. Not like its ever enjoyable and I always end up owing. That didnt start happening until I got married.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You should never "try" to get money back. When you do, you are loaning the government money for zero interest. You would be better served to reduce your witholding and get as near to zero as possible. Invest the money you would have loaned out free.

X2

Overpaying your estimated taxes throughout the year is like sticking your money in a savings account you can't access and that pays you at 0% interest. With inflation you're actually losing money, not to mention the opportunity costs. Why would you ever want that?

You should increase the number of dependents you claim on your W-4.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I claim 99 dependents. Then pencil in an amount to withhold.
    I pay taxes twice a year with my commission checks.

I've gotten good enough at it that I usually get within about +/- $300.00 of my total tax liability.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    lol-why-you-mad-tho.jpg

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Get this shit, guy I know gets more, yes MORE, back than he pays!!! Why work my ass off when it's cheaper to just procreate and live in a trailer?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I am not aware of any new tax laws affecting individual filing federal forms in 2012. I think they are FOS.

You would be wrong. LOTS of changes, and tax laws extended that were supposed to expire.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

The bulk of the OP's return is not overpayment, most of the $3000 he is seeking comes from the Child Tax Credit and claiming Head of Household and such. Of the $1,800 he's getting back I would say maybe $200-$400 of that is actual overpayment. That comes out to be about $8 to $15 every two weeks. Personally, I'd take the few hundred at the end of the year rather then throwing in $15 every two weeks to a savings account, which charges about that much per month just to maintain.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Hell has anyone paid attention to they're pay stubs lately, quite a large increase in the tax taken out as of late.

Top Bottom