• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I'm a taxpayer, and when I see a tax line increase by 50%, I don't give a shit what the "percentage of gross income" it is, I see MY money going to some worthless POS too damned lazy to get a freakin' job, and their "free" cell phones.

Here here!
    Capitol Armory ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I'm a taxpayer, and when I see a tax line increase by 50%, I don't give a shit what the "percentage of gross income" it is, I see MY money going to some worthless POS too damned lazy to get a freakin' job, and their "free" cell phones.

Technically, these taxes (the additional 2%) are supposed to be going into the Social Security fund. It's your income taxes that are buying lazy people cell phones.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    2% of gross income.

Up to $110k. The most anyone's will go up as a result of the payroll tax change is ~$2200. For those making more than $110k, that are employees, they don't pay any payroll tax towards the end of the year. So when January starts instead of going from 0% to 4%, it's going up to 6% for those folks. It looks like a large increase when you look at it on a month over month basis, but part of that was going to happen anyway in January.

PS - I think anything over 0% in payroll tax is BS.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Get this shit, guy I know gets more, yes MORE, back than he pays!!! Why work my ass off when it's cheaper to just procreate and live in a trailer?
    Well yeah, but do you want to live like that? I figure all I'd really need to get by is about $10k/yr but that would mean no new truck or motorcycle or nice house or cable tv or eating out or ammo budget or so on and so forth...

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Maybe that is why we are getting hosed.... so far we owe, which we have never had to do before. still work in progress, but WTF?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    FYI, some of the forms for filing are not ready yet. I have a bunch of returns I cannot submit yet due to forms issues. That January law change delayed it again for lots of folks. If you only have a W-2 and mortgage interest, you should be good to go. But throw in the education credits, or depreciation for a business, and you may have to wait until late February.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    FYI, some of the forms for filing are not ready yet. I have a bunch of returns I cannot submit yet due to forms issues. That January law change delayed it again for lots of folks. If you only have a W-2 and mortgage interest, you should be good to go. But throw in the education credits, or depreciation for a business, and you may have to wait until late February.

Damn! Oh well, I may owe anyway.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX

Do you have any links or basic info you can share as to what changes will delay filing or change forms? I think the AMT patch was one thing that took too long.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Do you have any links or basic info you can share as to what changes will delay filing or change forms? I think the AMT patch was one thing that took too long.

depreciation, education tax credits / tuition deduction, AMT, itemized deducts (PMI), debt cancellation on a home, energy tax credits

I dont have a link, I just know those forms are not ready yet. The education credit form (8863) wont' be ready until late Feb or early March. Lots of refunds are based on that credit. I have three returns complete, but waiting for that form to be complete.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom