Hurley's Gold

Dan Patrick on Private Sales (against it)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I mentioned this and set poor DH on a rant. At first I thought he was fussing at me when he said “But are you going after the real criminals? Why the **** don’t you go after them and not some dude that sells a gun to his buddy? Do you not have the balls to do that?”
    DK Firearms

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    In the glory days of the ultimate losers Houston Oilers, Patrick was the sports guy at channel 11 in Houston. He painted his upper body (love ya) blue and did his bit topless. It was disgusting and impossible to un-see. Love ya blue is the same Columbia blue that they used on Houston police cars.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Dan Patrick needs to self deport out of Texas

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

angel71rs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    El Paso
    I just used this link...

https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/contact/contact-general/

... to excoriate him for supporting mandatory gun registration. It's a trap, because when they reply that he doesn't support mandatory gun registration, I'm going to ask how they are going to know if a gun transfer took place WITHOUT mandatory gun registration.

Can't believe he did this, but I'm sure it was a political calculation. He better recalculate and quick.

ThoughtCriminal2A

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Austin
    I just used this link...

https://www.ltgov.state.tx.us/contact/contact-general/

... to excoriate him for supporting mandatory gun registration. It's a trap, because when they reply that he doesn't support mandatory gun registration, I'm going to ask how they are going to know if a gun transfer took place WITHOUT mandatory gun registration.

Can't believe he did this, but I'm sure it was a political calculation. He better recalculate and quick.

Called Patricks office at lunch today, asked to speak to a staffer to leave feedback -- did not specify about what,
    and was informed by staffer that if it is about gun control then they are not taking calls on that anymore, either send an autodelete vox message or email.

Note when they stop taking calls it means they don't want to hear it anymore, they are done listening,

therefore a sensitive nerve has been located, so it is time for all pro-freedom constituents to call the Lt Govs office to leave a message telling them "no more gun control" every day, twice a day.

I know for a fact that moms demand gun control has been clogging up their office phones in shifts every day,

our side needs to be doing the same thing as per the "...petition for grievance" clause.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    I just called and left him a message.

• The Texas Lieutenant Governor Message Line: (512) 463-5342
    • The Texas Lieutenant Governor Office Line: (512) 463-0001

Stick_Shift

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    I'm going to be in the minority here, but honestly, I'm okay with what Patrick is proposing, and I'll explain why.

It would kill me if I sold a gun to someone who then later used it to shed innocent blood. It would be worse for me if I sold it to someone with an established history of committing violent acts. If I am selling a firearm, I'd kind of like to know a little bit about who it's going to. I don't have to know much, but I'd like to know whether or not that person is some skell about to go off on a bunch of people.

What happens if that person passed the BGC and went on to kill people anyway? It'd still break my heart, but at least I could look the family of the victims in the eye and say that I did my part to prevent it.

That's just me, and I realize mine is not a popular opinion here, so I'll shut up now.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm going to be in the minority here, but honestly, I'm okay with what Patrick is proposing, and I'll explain why.

It would kill me if I sold a gun to someone who then later used it to shed innocent blood. It would be worse for me if I sold it to someone with an established history of committing violent acts. If I am selling a firearm, I'd kind of like to know a little bit about who it's going to. I don't have to know much, but I'd like to know whether or not that person is some skell about to go off on a bunch of people.

What happens if that person passed the BGC and went on to kill people anyway? It'd still break my heart, but at least I could look the family of the victims in the eye and say that I did my part to prevent it.

That's just me, and I realize mine is not a popular opinion here, so I'll shut up now.

Current law already allows you to run your gun through an FFL so that he can perform a background check on the buyer.

Thus your worries are unfounded, and your defense of Patrick is based on a false premise.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Tread on me harder daddy

Top Bottom