• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    I realize a lot of things have changed in the last 50+ years. I used to buy a box of .22LR ammo for 49 cents and no sales tax. I have also bought many a can of snuff for a quarter each. That being said, I still find it rediculous to have to pay $27.00 to $35.00 a brick for descent .22 ammo. I know all about supply and demand, but a brick is no more worth that much money than the currrent price of gasoline. It leads me to believe, in my opinion, that there is indeed large volume buying by individuals scared by the current administration, but there may also be some price manulation by a few suppliers because they are aware of the current situation and are taking unfair advantage of it.

I am aware that the price of raw metals has been going down, but the supplier I buy my reloading bullets from has raised his price $7.00/1000 in the last month. Makes me wonder why.
    Venture Surplus ad

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    My personal opinion is that the manufacturers have done very little to increase production because when the panic is over they will be overstocked and have idle employees. So what if some opportunist scalps primers, I will wait for the price to come back to a sane level or just shoot .22s until Robert Mugabe, err I mean BHO makes us all criminals.

ForneyRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Forney, TX
    It'll calm down soon enough.

I haven't had much issue finding primers since I gave up on Federal Match. I shop around and never have purchased primers/powder online. The gun ranges, gun shops, chain stores, etc. have plenty for my use. Component prices have doubled since I started a couple of years ago. The Federal Match primers have been hard to find since before I even heard of our current president.

Carter Country rationed primers one day I was there, but had them. My dad went later in the week and they said he could have as much as he wanted. So I got 300 on my day, and 1000 when he got them.

Now Varget has been hard, but R15 and IMR 4064 works well.

Tex S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Primers are scarce. Everybody knows this.

Suck it up and get on a backorder list. It might take a month or two, but eventually you will get what you need. I just got 10000 primers from Graf's in 3 weeks.

I'm good to go for awhile.

Top Bottom