• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Only 'grew up' with a few of these others died along the way.

Captain D's
    Dublin Dr. Pepper
    NetScape
    Stuckey's
    Watson Burger
    Yugo
    Big Chief tablets (think Kindergarten)
    Gasoline without Ethanol
    Zima

Captain D's still exist. If you have a million bucks in assets and 350k in liquid capital they'll sell you a franchise.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm just glad the big Texan in Amarillo is still there. I remember passing it as a kid. And one day my dad stopped and we ate dinner. I remember walking on the wooden plank floor and the sound. When we got seated and for a boy 7 or 8 I was in awe from all the cool taxidermy. Hopefully that place never goes. I cannot wait to bring my kids there.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    While it's not labeled 'Dublin' you can still buy Dr Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar and not corn syrup. Got some at Sams last week. I also see it regularly in the small bottles at the local grocery.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    While it's not labeled 'Dublin' you can still buy Dr Pepper made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar and not corn syrup. Got some at Sams last week. I also see it regularly in the small bottles at the local grocery.

And give your money to the assholes who shut down Dublin Dr. Pepper? For me that would be a big no thanks. I haven't had a sip of Dr Pepper since they did that and my body very much appreciates the change.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    And give your money to the $#@!s who shut down Dublin Dr. Pepper? For me that would be a big no thanks. I haven't had a sip of Dr Pepper since they did that and my body very much appreciates the change.

Yes, for me it is about the taste, and avoiding the corn poison. Other companies have shut down plants and moved and/or consolidated operations and I don't boycott them for it. Plano is where it's listed as being made, so still in Texas, not like they moved it to Mexico..........................well Mexico is ok for their original recipe Coke (yes, the cane sugar one, not the corn one...........) :)

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    The list is pretty long when you add in computer companies. Commodore Business Machines, Atari (still kind of in the software side of things, otherwise gone), Tandy Corporation, Maxtor (makers of old HDDS). And that's just off the top of my head of stuff that used to be in my house.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My first computer was a timex believe it or not. Hooked up to a tape recorder an BW TV. Wrote programs for it too. Neat lttle thing for $50.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Edwarethered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    La Marque, Texas
    didn't even know Timex was in that market at the time. I can say I logged many an hour with some BASIC on a Commodore 64, a TI99/4a and an Atari 800xl. All of which were old when I got them, and man did I go through cassettes and 5.25" floppies. Then I got my hands on an old IBM 5150. And to think, if my allergies weren't so bad back then, I would have probably had a tan instead.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Continental airlines

I miss the air shuttle service from ellington field. It was absurdly convenient.

Josta cola

I would choke puppies for the recipe.

Top Bottom