• navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Thanks Navy!!!

HeHe, I was probably typing while you were reading. I signed up for typing class in high school, because I thought it would be a good place to meet chicks. Little did I know how much that little skill would pay off. BTW, no chicks were obtained in that failed endeavor

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    HeHe, I was probably typing while you were reading. I signed up for typing class in high school, because I thought it would be a good place to meet chicks. Little did I know how much that little skill would pay off. BTW, no chicks were obtained in that failed endeavor
    My dad owned a sewing center and I took sewing. I didn't do much sewing but lost of repairing. It was not a failed endeavor! She was sooooo bad for me! Hehehehe

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    No FMJ??? What kind of thinking is that??? See.... this is just why I have my own range to shoot on... No morons with their stupid uneducated ammo regulations.... So is it for ALL ammo? or just rifle? I guess we should all go back to the 1700's and shoot smooth bores and soft lead balls....:banghead: Well no sense bringing anything else to shoot. I don't load anything but FMJ for most of my rifles. What do they shoot rifle matches with? Hollow points? Sorry.... I gotta go beat my head against a wall....MG

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    If you don't mind my asking...what is their reasoning behind the ban on FMJ?

A lot of the ranges are in somewhat urban areas, and they worry about penetration of the berms and/or or ricochet. I know it seems extreme, but I know of only a couple of ranges that allow FMJ on rifle in these parts. I do believe however, that on the Elm Fork tactical range (25 yard) they have relaxed that to facilitate the AR shooters.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm certain, barring a rough Saturday night, we'll be there. We have a ton of clay disks and 12ga ammo - Tim is wondering if someone wouldn't mind bringing an extra shotgun in exchange for some help shooting up the loot???? Let us know, we'll throw the stuff in the truck!

Hey txgolfer, is that you in your avatar? You're hawt!

I can supply a shotgun. For giggles, ya'll might remind me on Saturday to bring it on Sunday. :cool:

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    So, are we going to be shooting birds too?? I'm sure I can find some shotgun shells that aren't FMJ.... I have some extra birds I can bring.... How is the set-up? do we need our own throwers?? MG

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm not sure how that works as far as throwers go. They list a "new shooter" practice range which has a ground thrower, but I don't know what the policy is on bringing your own clays, or messing with their machine. Personally, I'm not going to try to get any shotgun shooting in. I'm going to shoot pistol only, and will likely have a couple of new shooter friends along that want a bit of instruction.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yeah I'm not sure how all the shotgun stuff works out there. I promised Tim I'd "let the guys on the board know" about his bright shotgun idea. Personally I'd rather not mess with it. I don't get much shooting in at the range as it is so the less time bouncing from stations I do the better.

Panzer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Wylie TX
    WOW guys that place looks awesome :) I wish I had the money to head out that way but I want to go out there someday soon. My sister really wants to do tactical shooting and my wife loves shooting now too.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    WOW guys that place looks awesome :) I wish I had the money to head out that way but I want to go out there someday soon. My sister really wants to do tactical shooting and my wife loves shooting now too.

It's free to show up, you only have to pay if you shoot. You can always go, bring your gun & ammo, then shoot if you decide to. Or, just meet some of the people on here & socialize. It's about 45 minutes from Wylie.

txgolfer45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Dallas
    I'm certain, barring a rough Saturday night, we'll be there. We have a ton of clay disks and 12ga ammo - Tim is wondering if someone wouldn't mind bringing an extra shotgun in exchange for some help shooting up the loot???? Let us know, we'll throw the stuff in the truck!

Hey txgolfer, is that you in your avatar? You're hawt!

LOL No, not me. Got the avatar over at archerytalk.com She does look nice in camo! ;)

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Just rolled in from the meet.
    For those that miss, you missed BIG.
    We had both reaction bays to ourselves and two regular bays. We even had to leave DCortezs group down on the tact bay we had so many shooters.
    GREAT time, lots of fun toys.

Well guns to clean but I'll be back and let a few more chime and with all the goings on.

Cya!!!!

Top Bottom