• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RocTrac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Ft Worth
    Damn, it sounds like ya'll had a blast. I hope to make the next one, it would be nice to meet others in the area to punch paper with.
    Texas SOT

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Looks like I missed a good time. I had everything ready to go, but then the wife decided the weather was too nice to not spend the day putting Christmas lights. And when a pregnant women threatens to climb up in the roof herself to do it if you won't she usually wins the argument. My son however got some range time in shooting nerf darts at me while I worked.

I'm thinking I may skip the DPC fourt Sunday steel match for the next TGT DFW shooting get together just so I can put some people to names eventually.

malladus

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Had a great time and without a doubt one of our best meets. I wanted to stick around and visit longer after lunch but was just worn down to a nub from the 1st part of the week end. Today was not any better though - LOL!!! I have spent all day making Xmass candy for the kids and grand-kids to get on the UPS truck tomorrow after I finish making the rest of the divinity candy.
    6 lbs of peanut brittle, 6lbs of pecan brittle, 5lbs of fudge without nuts and 5lbs with nuts and still have 2lb more
    divinity to make for a total of 4lbs of divinity.
    My kitchen looks like a sugar truck exploded in it and the dog is on a sugar high from licking the floor all day.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Had a great time and without a doubt one of our best meets. I wanted to stick around and visit longer after lunch but was just worn down to a nub from the 1st part of the week end. Today was not any better though - LOL!!!

Was a great meet. I hear you on that candle burning thing, I'm dragging...

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    4186268952_1a78e08876.png

i will have to take my 30-06 with me net time and see if the 100yd range gaurd talks B.S. !

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Please tell me you did not just shoot up a vintage Chambers range! These things are collectors items! The Cadillac of vintage stoves.

well there was several of them in this old warehouse we had to get rid of somehow , they make great backstops ! full of iron !

just got to make sure all the helium is out of them before you shoot them or try and cut them up with a chain saw !

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    well there was several of them in this old warehouse we had to get rid of somehow , they make great backstops ! full of iron !

just got to make sure all the helium is out of them before you shoot them or try and cut them up with a chain saw !

Yikes, it pains me to hear it. They're worth their weight in gold. I bought one at an estate sale in Wichita a few years back, spent a few bucks and many hours restoring and sold it for thousands. The red ones are especially valued by collectors. They don't make ovens like this anymore. They had a broiler / griddle on the top that you could make bacon on by the pound, or broil up steaks underneath. And a deep insulated thermowell on top that was like a crock pot. You could cook stews in there or oatmeal. You could make a batch of oatmeal up at night before bed, put it in the thermowell and in the morning, cooking only on the heat from the pilot light, you'd have the best oatmeal you ever tasted.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    And another good time had by all, well almost all.

Them Suthrn bouys sho du tak funny.

Nothins as good as rednecks killin paper and eating cooked critters.

Glad to see you all and all of you have a most excellent Christmas and New Year, dudes and dudettes!

junkyguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yikes, it pains me to hear it. They're worth their weight in gold. I bought one at an estate sale in Wichita a few years back, spent a few bucks and many hours restoring and sold it for thousands. The red ones are especially valued by collectors. They don't make ovens like this anymore. They had a broiler / griddle on the top that you could make bacon on by the pound, or broil up steaks underneath. And a deep insulated thermowell on top that was like a crock pot. You could cook stews in there or oatmeal. You could make a batch of oatmeal up at night before bed, put it in the thermowell and in the morning, cooking only on the heat from the pilot light, you'd have the best oatmeal you ever tasted.

Hey Mark, that was in jest , you know who my wife is from the chambers board.... Fatfutures . she said to say hi !
    as for them relics we have a few of them and none were harmed in the photo session ! lol
    2503156452_782ecc0c72.jpg

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Hey Mark, that was in jest , you know who my wife is from the chambers board.... Fatfutures . she said to say hi !
    as for them relics we have a few of them and none were harmed in the photo session ! lol
    2503156452_782ecc0c72.jpg
    I thought the helium & chainsaw lines sounded familiar... No Chambers ranges in this tiny apartment. 'Bout gave me a heart attack to see the red Chambers with a bullet hole in it!

Top Bottom