Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Just saw that myself:

Dick’s Sporting Goods to Stop Selling Assault-Style Rifles in Its Stores
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    February 28, 2018, 7:03 AM CST

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...op-selling-assault-style-rifles-in-its-stores

New York (AP) -- Dick's Sporting Goods will immediately end sales of assault-style rifles in its stores and won't sell guns to anyone under 21 years old following the school massacre in Parkland, Florida.

Dick's Chairman and CEO Edward Stack said on "Good Morning America" Wednesday that after the shooting the company "felt it needed to do something."

Stack says that the gunman, Nickolas Cruz, had purchased a gun at a Dick's store, but not the one used at the school shooting, even though all existing rules were followed. Stack says that the system that's in place won't stop sales to dangerous people and said lawmakers must do something.

Stack said Dick's is prepared for any potential backlash, but will not change its policies on gun sales.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    When Dick's takes every single AR off the shelf and proves they've been added to the #oneless campaign, they MIGHT be making a difference.

But they won't, more likely they'll send them back to the distributor and pay twice for shipping with no sale.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I stopped going there many years ago. Overpriced merchandise, you get the gauntlet of questions at checkout, and I don't approve of their business model. They are up there with BestBuy at checkout. "Do you want this magazine, do you want this card, are you sure, how about a warranty"....Geezus I just wanted to buy something and get out. That alone was enough for me to never go back years ago.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    I stopped going there many years ago. Overpriced merchandise, you get the gauntlet of questions at checkout, and I don't approve of their business model. They are up there with BestBuy at checkout. "Do you want this magazine, do you want this card, are you sure, how about a warranty"....Geezus I just wanted to buy something and get out. That alone was enough for me to never go back years ago.
    ^^^All of this

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    They built a new mega store by my house last year. Barely go because they're over priced, staff are ignorant pricks, and terrible selection. Final nail in the coffin for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Eatabagof...

Never bought anything there, went in once during something they called a "sale"... but too expensive then, so I figured they were the Apple of sporting goods

Top Bottom