• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    That’s pretty presumptuous; that assumes you survive....
    d2225e41bc0a0efabebd243c0318f932.jpg

the Tide Pod challenge!
    Lynx Defense

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I haven’t seen an AR in a Wal-Mart in a few years. But, I don’t really frequent that place.

edit...

Walmarts statement

In light of recent events, we’ve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change.

In 2015, Walmart ended sales of modern sporting rifles, including the AR-15. We also do not sell handguns, except in Alaska where we feel we should continue to offer them to our customers. Additionally, we do not sell bump stocks, high-capacity magazines and similar accessories. We have a process to monitor our eCommerce marketplace and ensure our policies are applied.

We take seriously our obligation to be a responsible seller of firearms and go beyond Federal law by requiring customers to pass a background check before purchasing any firearm. The law would allow the sale of a firearm if no response to a background check request has been received within three business days, but our policy prohibits the sale until an approval is given.

We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Yes they did stop selling ARs in 2015, but only because the prices fell through the floor and they had all high dollar ARs. At clearance, $1200 dollar guns went for $350.
    When I go back to work tomorrow, I will see what is going on.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well I never really went to Walmart for very many items. Now I won't ever go there unless I'm there to loiter and buy nothing and shoot the shit with you.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    How can it be legal to say you are not going to sell to an age group that can legally buy the item ?

I had the same thought. Unless or until some actual law has been established at the state level, it seems to me those businesses operating within that state are opening themselves up to law suits concerning age discrimination. Of course that would likely take awhile to make its way through the lower courts and then the SCOTUS would refuse to hear it (since it’s a... you know... 2A thing).

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Two things you can do. Well, 3 really.
    1. Call 1800 Walmart and complain.
    2. Go to walmart.com and to the contact us section and write a letter to the CEO. His office is supposed to get them all. If you have a complaint about an employee, the store director has to answer an email on it.
    3. Urge everyone you know to do the same.
    If I tell them it is a stupid thing to do, they say I don't know what I am talking about. When customers complain, and they realize it might hurt the bottom line, they tend to be more receptive.

Sent from my NXA8LTE116 using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    There's no way you're going to hurt their bottom line. At Dick's, gun/ammo sales are less than 8% of their business.

That’s pretty much what I was figuring. I hadn’t done any research into their sales numbers but I never would guess that Dick’s was any great purveyor of AR15s (or of firearms, in general). So the “free national advertising” benefit they received from making these grandiose “moral” announcements, probably far exceeded their meager profit intake as a result of selling what few AR15s they do.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    With all the talk about bans and legislation I'm starting to wonder if I need to fear buy a bunch of stripped receivers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    And then post a video of you picking them up at Dicks with a current news paper to show the real date

If you really want to be petty just buy a bunch of AR-15's and magazines and have them FFL transferred to your local Dicks sporting goods haha

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If your worried about bans you might want to go with 80% lowers so they cant come and take them

With all the talk about bans and legislation I'm starting to wonder if I need to fear buy a bunch of stripped receivers...

Top Bottom