ARJ Defense ad

Did Benchmade Just Stomp on Their.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    Shit, I would love to burn my iphone. I hate cell phones lol

But seriously, benchmade can say whatever they want, the donations speak for themselves. There are hundreds of knife makers that don't donate to leftists. Men with principles will go to these knife makers for their next buy, those who are materialists who don't care about principles will make excuses and buy the newest pile of shit that BM makes.

And for those retards on the other forum, unfortunately cell phones are a part of every day life. I cant even get on to my work computer without my stupid piece of shit cell phone. Is there really much choice beyond android and apple? Exactly. They need to STFU with that facile analogy. Especially when you need a cell phone to function in 2019. If you didn't I would be the first person to use my phone for skeet practice

Get yourself a Jitterbug......and then maybe you can be all principled up.......

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    LOL nice I will have to look into getting one
    Between the Jitterbug, the TracFon, and at least a dozen big-button flip phones, I feel pretty sure I know what kind of phone I'll wind up with in the next few years.

What I won't do is apologize for switching to an "old person's phone." There are good reasons for those designs to exist.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Between the Jitterbug, the TracFon, and at least a dozen big-button flip phones, I feel pretty sure I know what kind of phone I'll wind up with in the next few years.

What I won't do is apologize for switching to an "old person's phone." There are good reasons for those designs to exist.

I have one as what I call an emergency phone. Originally I got it as a back up in case one of our cell phones crapped out or was lost or stolen. However, I use it quite a bit when calling places or signing up for things that require a number where I don't want to give away my everyday cell number.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have one as what I call an emergency phone. Originally I got it as a back up in case one of our cell phones crapped out or was lost or stolen. However, I use it quite a bit when calling places or signing up for things that require a number where I don't want to give away my everyday cell number.

So what you're saying is, you have a burn phone for making back alley deals? :p

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    In one camp, there's guys like me, who when I think a company is pandering to leftist politicians, I shit can em for future business.

In the other camp, are the those who claim we in the first are acting self-righteous and we should continue doing business with those businesses whose commie scabs have been ripped off exposing their political leaning.

I wonder if those in the second camp have their own political agenda or just like playing the devil's advocate?
    I am well entrenched in the first camp.

Many in the second camp are too materialistic and lazy to find other places to get the products they need or want. Old habits are hard to break.

We vote for companies with our money and it works.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Ugh, I was wayyyyy behind on this one.

Ron Wyden, Senator. Donation $12,900. For banning Bump Stocks, banning "Assault" weapons, banning magazines larger than 10 rounds, common sense gun control, universal background checks,

Mark Udall. Senator. Colorado. $5,200. For banning magazines larger than 10 rounds, longer waiting periods to purchase a firearm, gun registration, endorsed by Bloomberg, voted in favor of suing gun manufacturers, universal background checks,

Martin Heinrich. Senator. New Mexico. $2,700. For ban of magazines larger than 10 rounds. Ban all "assault" weapons.

Last edited:

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    How many of you have a vehicle that was made by UAW? ANY thing you buy that was union made is contributing to the d's. DO you call for boycotts against them? There are most likely union members on this forum, your dues go to help the d's.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    How many of you have a vehicle that was made by UAW? ANY thing you buy that was union made is contributing to the d's. DO you call for boycotts against them? There are most likely union members on this forum, your dues go to help the d's.
    Oh boy, another one of these. A binary choice. It's either this way or that way. It's either hot or cold, no such thing as warm. :facepalm:

Yes, we're all very aware. Do you hide in a cave and shout at people who wander by to stay off the land of the sovereign citizen? No? Then you're "supporting D's" in some way. Lets come back to reality for a moment, shall we? Politics isn't a football rivalry between UT and A&M. There's more than two sides in this game, and (some) Democrats aren't even inherently evil. Everyone has their opinions, and I believe there's more to be gained by considering them all rather than just putting on the hat and rooting for my team. On some points I am simply not willing to concede, and rights (guns and others) are right there at the top.

For Benchmade, it is a simple case of selecting to not purchase from someone who chooses to work against the interests important to us. Mr. De Asis made political donations to D's, and many people were still willing to hear him out. It was later, when his statement was released, that many of those (myself included) made the decision to cease future purchases. We're not going to melt down our knives, we're not marching in the streets (knife lives matter!), we're just choosing to buy elsewhere.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Since you are already supporting them through your vehicle purchases do you also vote for them? Why not? Your supporting them already?

The real difference here is that Benchmade is a knife company and markets to a specific group. The. Turns around and supports those who work against the rights of said group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Since you are already supporting them through your vehicle purchases do you also vote for them? Why not? Your supporting them already?

No I don't. So are you.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Carried a Benchmade 707 for almost 20 years. Never an issue. Love the Axis lock and won't carry a liner because the 1-handed operation is critical.

Time to replace it. Bought a Ganzo for 10% of the price. It's 80% of the quality. Do I care? Not really, because I can buy 10 at the same price as 1 Benchmade and always have a sharp knife ready.

Axis patent expired. If you're a fan of the Axis, have a look:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Firebird-Folding-F753M1-CF-Pocket-Hunting/dp/B074GP973X

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

No I don't. So are you.

I’m not correlating something necessary like an automotive purchase with a knife purchase which has far more option and each option is just as easy as another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Carried a Benchmade 707 for almost 20 years. Never an issue. Love the Axis lock and won't carry a liner because the 1-handed operation is critical.

Time to replace it. Bought a Ganzo for 10% of the price. It's 80% of the quality. Do I care? Not really, because I can buy 10 at the same price as 1 Benchmade and always have a sharp knife ready.

Axis patent expired. If you're a fan of the Axis, have a look:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Firebird-Folding-F753M1-CF-Pocket-Hunting/dp/B074GP973X
    Did not know that, thanks for sharing. Axis lock is definitely a nice, simple mechanism.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom