DK Firearms

Did Benchmade Just Stomp on Their.........

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's my attitude toward all boycotted sources.

I am not going to throw it away but it will get replaced with something else when the time comes.
    Yeah, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to throw away a nice knife or to never use it just because the company went bad. They already have your money, and there's nothing you can do about that. All you can do is not give them anymore in the future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Who told him to wear a shirt 2 sizes too small ???
    He should have went with the 2XL
    Man boobs and gut are not helping your image .

He is clearly scared for his bank account...
    He could give a crap about gun rights
    He just lied to our face

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    I've got 4 BM knives, and I bought a 5th for my son. Won't be buying any more.

What's confusing is that BM has great customer service and really takes care of their customers. How could a company focused on customer service be so blind to how this would be perceived by their customer base?

Even if they really don't give a damn about the 2A, you would think they would stop and think before doing something to rile up their customer base.

Last edited:

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Did Oregon City Police take down their Facebook page? I wanted to read the troll comments but I can't find it. I'm also new to FB so I may be doing it wrong.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There's been another update from The Gun Collective. (If anybody doesn't want to bother looking up the video, reply to this post and I can embed it.) The Benchmade guy who recorded their response video was interviewed off-camera and a summary presented. My basic take-away was that he justified giving money to anti-gun folks because
    1. Given his location, they were the only people he could give money to for the purpose of impacting knife legislation, and
    2. They were willing to help with legislation that de-criminalized carrying a knife.
    He didn't like the fact that sometimes the people who will stand up for knife rights won't stand up for 2A rights...but his business is knives, not guns. (That's my paraphrase; if you don't want to trust it, watch the TGC video for yourself.)

While I wouldn't like it I could find his position understandable if I could also find some corroboration. Thus, I sought out any statements made by the knife rights lobby. If anybody could help Benchmade justify this line of thought, it would be them.

I know of two major knife rights organizations.
    1. The Knife Rights Foundation news feed page has nothing on it about this subject. Also, the founder and head honcho, Doug Ritter, has nothing on his web page. Knife Rights did give Benchmade an award in 2013 for giving money to the Sharper Future Legal Fund, so Benchmade does have a track record of giving money to secure knife rights.
    2. It's the same story with the web pages of the American Knife and Tool Institute. Their news page has nothing about this.
    I find the silence of those web pages puzzling. It seems like in their myopic focus on knife rights, they're just not bothering to take much notice of the 2A-supporter backlash.

I'm not sure if all this can or should change anyone's opinion of the way this has played out but I thought I'd offer a few more data points.

PS - About this: ...The Gun Collective reports that comments were turned back on when, apparently, the company realized that turning them off looked bad. As of the time of this post, the comments are enabled.
    Why did they give money to anti gun politicians in Colorado and New Mexico then?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Benchmade adjusted their FB so the only post you can see is that video. Comments are on at least. Probably keeping the mess to one post.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Why did they give money to anti gun politicians in Colorado and New Mexico then?
    In the update I saw, that wasn't specifically covered. Any answer I could give would be entirely speculative. Sorry.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Lots more of the "well golly gee they were just helping out the poh-leece don'tchaknow" and "I don't see you burning your iPhones".
    Shit, I would love to burn my iphone. I hate cell phones lol

But seriously, benchmade can say whatever they want, the donations speak for themselves. There are hundreds of knife makers that don't donate to leftists. Men with principles will go to these knife makers for their next buy, those who are materialists who don't care about principles will make excuses and buy the newest pile of shit that BM makes.

And for those retards on the other forum, unfortunately cell phones are a part of every day life. I cant even get on to my work computer without my stupid piece of shit cell phone. Is there really much choice beyond android and apple? Exactly. They need to STFU with that facile analogy. Especially when you need a cell phone to function in 2019. If you didn't I would be the first person to use my phone for skeet practice

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    In one camp, there's guys like me, who when I think a company is pandering to leftist politicians, I shit can em for future business.

In the other camp, are the those who claim we in the first are acting self-righteous and we should continue doing business with those businesses whose commie scabs have been ripped off exposing their political leaning.

I wonder if those in the second camp have their own political agenda or just like playing the devil's advocate?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom