• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Best of luck. Thats gonna take some hardcore dedication, but I'm sure it will pay off!

Well I have some pretty powerful willpower. :)

I watched a documentary last night on Netflix called "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" which was the same premise as what I'm eating. The difference was that they ran their foods through a juicer and drank it to turn all their raw fruits and vegetables into a juice fast. Great film!

So today is day 2. I had a mango and a banana this morning at home before I came to work. Not having my usual coffee at my desk, actually I feel like my energy level is up. I had a craving as I was driving into work and passed one of my favorite taquerias - they have great huevos rancheros - but I made it into work without incident.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Hunt your own meat. Chemical free! Good luck.

Except for the lead.

: P

(or copper if you use all copper bullets)

CW, good luck with eating healthy. Being married to a dietician has its benefits. : )
    Though, I don't think she is a big fan of really restrictive diets (just have to be very deliberate in what you eat to get all of what you need).

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The difference was that they ran their foods through a juicer and drank it to turn all their raw fruits and vegetables into a juice fast. Great film!
    You sure that wasn't a Ronco infomercial? lol... I've never really understood the juicing thing. Why take the fiber out? It's good for you.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    You sure that wasn't a Ronco infomercial? lol... I've never really understood the juicing thing. Why take the fiber out? It's good for you.

I don't watch TV because of the advertising, so I have no idea what a Ronco infomercial might be.

From juicefasting.org:

"Many of the nutrients are TRAPPED in the fiber and by blending fruits and vegetables, you break down the fiber and release the vital nutrients. "

How To Make Your Own Juices and Smoothies

I'm not juice fasting, however. I'm eating 811rv, so I'm gettin' my fiber. :) Although I'm probably hitting Jamba Juice for lunch today for an all fruit smoothie! ;)

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    From juicefasting.org:

"Many of the nutrients are TRAPPED in the fiber and by blending fruits and vegetables, you break down the fiber and release the vital nutrients. "
    I don't really buy that... Chewing your food and letting the acids and enzymes in your stomach work will do the same thing. On the other hand, it has been proven that you can extract more calories from cooked food because it's easier to digest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I just watched a documentary on this exact process, and I must say, it's probably one of the best done documentaries on weight loss programs that I've seen. It omitted the bullshit theory and focused on simple processes and realistic medical observation. It also makes me want some apple juice like no other, LOL!

I'm going to give it a try for a week. So much is changing in my life at the moment, why not what I eat. At this stage in the game, I'm not healthy and I don't feel good at all, it certainly couldn't get any worse in terms of a diet. At this rate I can only expect to gain weight and die of cardiac arrest in my 50s. I don't want to be that person.

Here's to getting better, and the hopes that I don't get explosive diarrhea. Ha!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Oh, them. Well I've discussed my cannibalism survivalist strategy in the past!

think "cannibal the musical"

if you haven't seen it, you'd love that freakin movie bro.

go on, break the law. open your micro-torrent and have at it...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I just watched a documentary on this exact process, and I must say, it's probably one of the best done documentaries on weight loss programs that I've seen. It omitted the bullshit theory and focused on simple processes and realistic medical observation. It also makes me want some apple juice like no other, LOL!

I'm going to give it a try for a week. So much is changing in my life at the moment, why not what I eat. At this stage in the game, I'm not healthy and I don't feel good at all, it certainly couldn't get any worse in terms of a diet. At this rate I can only expect to gain weight and die of cardiac arrest in my 50s. I don't want to be that person.

Here's to getting better, and the hopes that I don't get explosive diarrhea. Ha!

can you divulge the title of said documentary?
    as i am kindof in the the same spot oddly enough.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Came down with cardiomyopathy in 1990, docs gave me 2-5 years and wanted me on a transplant list. I didn't want that and knew a nutritionist that was a young man held in German concentration camps. He was self taught and had time so he watched what people ate etc. I followed what he told me to do, cost me 14k the first year in chinese herbs but in 4 months I was able to walk around without passing out. In a year I tossed the cardiologist and felt much better. though I am not 100% I am pretty darn good. I do as I please I might take a break or to and did get off all meds but Hi bp and choestorel. I went to eating, dark greens, gave up breads, especially white. only chicken and fish and did that for 2 years. I don't follow that diet now but as far as red meat, we eat very little. It's a bit of a life change but does help, it's 21 years later, prayers awnsered and no real complaints. I do suggest everyone take a cleanse once a year, lots of problems start there and you'd be surprised how much better you feel. Walgreens and most stores carry them or ebay too.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    can you divulge the title of said documentary?
    as i am kindof in the the same spot oddly enough.

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is a pretty decent one, and then Fat Head is really good. The first is more of a motivational thing, and the second is more of a scientific understanding without all the weirdo vegan, kill yourself diet fads; it largely supports paleo but without saying it outright. In the second the guy loses 12 lbs. eating nothing but fast food.

If you watch them in that order, you'll see in Fat Head why the first juicing diet worked.

TheDan

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    At this rate I can only expect to gain weight and die of cardiac arrest in my 50s. I don't want to be that person.
    I've already made peace with the fact that I'll probably die of coronary disease in my 50's. I have to go because of something, and it might as well be chicken fried steak

Top Bottom