• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    By 6:30 tonight, this will be a roasted whole beef tenderloin, and will be served with Béarnaise Sauce, cheese jalapeño grits, bacon wrapped asparagus, homemade sourdough yeast rolls and a crab and spinach salad, followed by birthday cake for my mother, who turned 71 on Saturday!

mmmmmmmm! I LOVE beef tenderloin!

P3050040..jpg

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    elaborate more on the bacon wrapped asparagus please.

we eat alot of pork tenderloin around here. might have to pester you for a full recipe.

The asparagus ie EASY to do...

One bundle of asparagus, 3-5 slices of your favorite bacon (I use a thick cut pepper bacon), parmasean cheese, garlic powder, extra virgin olive or pecan oil

Take a large frying pan and cover the bottom with extra virgin olive oil or extra virgin pecan oil, heat to medium high, add asparagus to layer the bottom of the pan and quick fry JUST till hot and soften a LITTLE bit, remove the first batch and repete until all of the asparagus is JUST soften...maybe 1-2 minutes per pan full, lay out on cookie sheet as you take it out, don't worry about the oil!

Once you have it all through the pan once, sprinkle with garlic powder and parmasean cheese, and allow to cool. Once cool, cut bacon strips in half and roll 5-7 stalks in a half strip and place loose side of bacon down on cookie/backing sheet (one with sides!)

Sprinkle with more garlic and cheese, oil from the pan and kosher or sea salt if desired, put in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, then turn oven to broil to finish browning bacon.

Serve!

One bundle of asparagus will make 6-8 servings, depending on the number and size of stalks used in each portion!

GOOD stuff!

Top Bottom