• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Texas Government Code

Sec. 411.205. REQUIREMENT TO DISPLAY LICENSE. If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder’s person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder’s driver’s license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder’s handgun license.

The penalty for not complying was removed, but it’s still in the code.

Keep Calm and RTFU

If there was no penalty for making machine guns but the prohibition was still in USC, I'd have a lot of machine guns. In others words: the only reason to obey immoral and unconstitutional laws is because we are forced to.
    Venture Surplus ad

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    A Sheriff's department isn't a micro-congress with policy power made up wily-nily that supersede state law and a Sheriff isn't a dictator, though some behave in such a manner.

This Sheriff is on a power trip.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Law is one thing, policy is another.

Laws without penalties are a waste of everyone's time. Legislature should just man-up and remove the thing entirely. For some odd reason, they like leaving things in, an nullifying them somewhere else in the Statutes.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Thanks guys. This is more about if an officer asks. There are some states like Ohio that as soon as yoiu are stropped like in a traffic stop you are supposed to let the officer know you have a ltc or ccdw as soon as they come up

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Thanks guys. This is more about if an officer asks. There are some states like Ohio that as soon as yoiu are stropped like in a traffic stop you are supposed to let the officer know you have a ltc or ccdw as soon as they come up

He'll find out anyway when he checks you out in TCIC, so it's a good idea to tell him upfront.

pharmaco

Give me those potatoes
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    I think it goes more along the lines of if you treat them with respect you often may not be ticketed for all the charges that could be assessed.
    Ah, I must've misunderstood toddnjoyce's post.

I thought they meant that someone could catch a class A "Unlawful Carrying Weapon" charge for not giving a CHL or DL.
    He must've meant something else.

I mistook it as a dishonest attempt to provide misinformation. My mistake
    Thanks for clarifying.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ah, I must've misunderstood toddnjoyce's post.

I thought they meant that someone could catch a class A "Unlawful Carrying Weapon" charge for not giving a CHL or DL.
    He must've meant something else.

I mistook it as a dishonest attempt to provide misinformation. My mistake
    Thanks for clarifying.

I could have better stated my thought

Keep Calm and RTFU

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Do you manually type "keep calm and rtfu" and the end of every post?

No. Tapatalk signature.

I rarely use The web version of TGT. When I do, you’ll see the same thing In the signature line.

3a8b717b47399d8a2dc473e1993c15d5.jpg

Keep Calm and RTFU

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I rarely use The web version of TGT. When I do, you’ll see the same thing In the signature line.
    This isn't the only confusing thing that's arisen because of the difference between the mobile interface and the "full" web browser version. I think I'm going to have to install Tapatalk and use it for a while so that I'll understand things better when I get questions.

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Are you saying they should be careful about hurting someone's feelings because they might make up false charges?
    Geez, I wish I could have stopped you on traffic when I was on patrol. My pen was mightier than any POS's mouth. You don't want to be cuffed, more fun for me. You'll take me to court, great, more OT for me. I always approached the stop with the mantra - I am as nice as you allow me to be.

True story - I cite some guy for exp reg. on his boat. I took the lesser of several charges. A month later, I buy a gun online and look for a FFL in my city. The FFL worked out of his home and we complete all the paperwork and he goes - You cited me a month ago for expired tags. We laughed. I bought a few more guns from him and even went out to dinner when he had a new date after his divorce.

Top Bottom