• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Fast foods definitely have major amounts of science/ food engineering. Grocery stores are loaded with fast foods.

Good example is bakery bread .vs factory bread. Real bread will mold quicker. Factory bread last longer & appears fresher. Cesreal, snack foods, candy, prepared foods frozen foods! Stores are laid out with more fast food/ profit then real food!
    Military Camp

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Some chain sit down places are serving crap for food too. You know the stuff, it has four pounds of yucky breading on a shrimp. And I'm not getting into that crap gravy they push.

My big disappointment has been with the mom and pops. I would not mind paying more if I was getting a decent burger, but how about some iceburg at least.

A lot of places are asking if I'm paying with their app. That is annoying as them talking while I place my order. I tell them I am the one who knows what I want and if there is a question please wait until it is your turn to speak. Color me a grumpy old mofo.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Fast foods definitely have major amounts of science/ food engineering. Grocery stores are loaded with fast foods.

Good example is bakery bread .vs factory bread. Real bread will mold quicker. Factory bread last longer & appears fresher. Cesreal, snack foods, candy, prepared foods frozen foods! Stores are laid out with more fast food/ profit then real food!
    And they know that the longer they can keep you in the store that you might buy something on a whim.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I love to ask the lone overwhelmed counter person how those 15 dollar an hour jobs are going and where did all the employees go.

These idiots that keep demanding $15 an hour for a minimum wage job, are morons because they can't see that they are pricing themselves right out of work or a job.

The bigger chain fast food places will automate as much as they can, and cut their ranks down a lot to just the barely required amount of employees to get the job done. Lots of places may end up going out of business if they can't afford to pay $15 an hour as starting pay. Some will cut the number of employees, as well as cutting their hours that they are working.

The wife and I eat out at Whataburger or Sonic occasionally. Our normal amount we usually spend for both of us is about $18 to $21 for burgers, fries and drinks. Now if they up the minimum wage to $15, and our normal bill goes to say, $28 to $31 for the same food, we ain't going to be eating out. I would think many others would be doing without fast food as well.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I see plenty of commercials for $5 lunch meals. Burger King has a promotion buy one get one for a dollar.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I make a list and USUALLY stick to it.

^^^This.^^^

I have been unsuccessfully trying to teach my wife to make a list before going to the store. It hasn't failed yet, she will get home, and realize she forgot something she needed, or wanted. Why? Because she never makes a list of the things she needs, or wants to get at the store.

My father got us into the habit of making a list out when performing a job. Part of being organized and working smarter and not harder. So for me it has become second nature to make a list.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I have really cut back on fast foods. Occasionally get a pizza and that's about it. Everything just tastes better when you prepare it yourself.

It's actually even way cheaper as well.

Going to a decent, (just a decent, not even great.) steakhouse, for two people it's going to be at least $50 to eat a steak, plus the sides and drinks.

We have a smaller grocery store in town where I buy our steaks and baking potatoes, plus a six-pack of beer. I'll spend about a third of what it costs to eat out at some steak houses, plus I get exactly the steak, cooked exactly the way I want it cooked.

I have found over the years, that I can do almost as well, and sometimes even better cooking at home than eating out. It tastes better, and it's cheaper. Now the caveat is to that, I do enjoy cooking, and I don't mind washing dishes either. Not everyone does, and I understand that.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Dammit Baboon! Haven't you ever heard of Plan "B"? :what:

You ALWAYS have a Plan "B" for a back-up! :banana:
    My ass heads to the car once everything in the basket! I’m no t sacking my own groceries nor do I generally want to engage in conversation with an aching back.

You have to remember I still have at least a 30 minute ride home. Never fails once we’re are home the wife needs run to the restroom. I like to put the stuff away so it’s in order I want to take it out of the fridge.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    My ass heads to the car once everything in the basket! I’m no t sacking my own groceries nor do I generally want to engage in conversation with an aching back.

You have to remember I still have at least a 30 minute ride home. Never fails once we’re are home the wife needs run to the restroom. I like to put the stuff away so it’s in order I want to take it out of the fridge.

Hmmm....sound like you are using Plan "C" instead of Plan "B".

A back-up to the back-up plan!

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    As much as I travel across Texas, hard to avoid. When I am driving a long day, I don't want to take an hour to go to a sit down restaurant.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom