APOD Firearms

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: VOTE DURING EARLY VOTING.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

As some here know, I'm a Bexar County Election Judge & I seriously advise everyone, who reads this thread, to get out & vote BEFORE Election Day during the Early Voting period.

It took me 1 hour & 22 minutes to vote today (25OCT16) & in the middle of Tuesday afternoon. = BOTH the lines to get into the polling place & the ballot in Bexar County were LONG (Over ELEVEN PAGES).

I predict that turnout on Election Day, given the turnout in the last 2 days, will be HEAVY & the lines to vote on 08NOV16 will be very long.
    (In 2012, many voters "stood in line" for over TWO HOURS. 2016 is likely to be WORSE.)

just my OPINION, satx
    Guns International

rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    Thats what i was hearing on the radio today. I learned during the 2012 election when i didnt get to vote. My ex wife came and dropped my daughter off at 1:30 in the morning because her cough wasnt getting better (after she cancelled 4 follow up visits to the dr for bronchitis...). Basically spent election day in the hospital with my 3 year old who had pneumonia.

And again, during this years primary when i showed up at 5:40pm. Waited 2 hours to get in to vote.

Im gonna go in thursday or friday

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    AustinN4,

Agreed. - THIS thread is specific to BEXAR COUNTY/SAN ANTONIO & hopefully to give helpful information (as it becomes available) to our county's local voters..

Because of the large number & complexity of ballots in some areas of Bexar County, it will take voters a considerable amount of time to read/understand/vote upon certain of the measures from the several ISD.

READING the Sample Ballot, while standing in line, would be helpful, too.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Buck Nekkid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    San Antonio
    Does anyone know if line lengths are shorter on Sunday? Too bad the early voting polls open at noon on Sunday, but still I'd think there would be a better chance to get in and get out quicker.

Sparsky

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    San Antonio
    FYI, the voting location at NW Vista is in the portables by the parking garage and they have a parking area blocked off for people voting.

PS. I'm at least 100 people deep in line at 1pm on a Wednesday so make sure you have some time to wait.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Buck Nekkid,

I seriously doubt that ANY day will be better for Early Voting than another.
    Otoh, ANY day will be BETTER (imo) than Election Day, 08NOV16, which experience tells me that will be a HORROR STORY.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As of 7pm, 26OCT16, over 100,000 voters in Bexar County have cast their vote. = Almost 9% of the total.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The SHORTEST LINES & generally the SHORTEST wait is down in Southside at the admin building of the ISD.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Friends,

As some here know, I'm a Bexar County Election Judge & I seriously advise everyone, who reads this thread, to get out & vote BEFORE Election Day during the Early Voting period.

It took me 1 hour & 22 minutes to vote today (25OCT16) & in the middle of Tuesday afternoon. = BOTH the lines to get into the polling place & the ballot in Bexar County were LONG (Over ELEVEN PAGES).

I predict that turnout on Election Day, given the turnout in the last 2 days, will be HEAVY & the lines to vote on 08NOV16 will be very long.
    (In 2012, many voters "stood in line" for over TWO HOURS. 2016 is likely to be WORSE.)

just my OPINION, satx

As an election official, you might have also informed the readers on this board that Bexar County has ways for disabled and elderly voters to vote "curb-side."

In days of yore, there was a polling place on every block, church, and fire station. The elderly and those in wheel chairs were taken to the front of the line. People could vote on election day and not wait for hours in line.

In more modern days, the big-government syndrome spawned larger, consolidated voting places.

Hence, the lines got longer, and led to voter intimidation either by wait times, or the neighborhood's reputation.

Don't think for a minute that I will drive the 15 miles to the South Side to vote at a less visited polling place when I know I will get my ass kicked because I am Anglo.

Be well.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don't normally defend SATX, but he's already made a list to a user explaining that he could vote from his vehicle if unable to get inside the polling station.

So maybe you should read a little closer before telling him what he should do as an election official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Also, I'd walk my happy conservative ass right in to that line and stand there like a damn monolith, any dick trying to intimidate would only strengthen my resolve.

Being scared to vote because mean looks....I don't even have the words.

Edit: might cut some slack if elderly or disabled

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Also, I'd walk my happy conservative ass right in to that line and stand there like a damn monolith, any dick trying to intimidate would only strengthen my resolve.

Being scared to vote because mean looks....I don't even have the words.

Edit: might cut some slack if elderly or disabled

Yep. Intimidation doesn't fare well with me either.

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    I will always take advantage of the early voting opportunity. Even though Tuesday morning at 8:30 am the anesthesiologist said you're fixing to feel something warm, I didn't, I went through the micro surgery to repair two fractured vertebrae, T11 and L4, I was in line at the local polling station yesterday (10/28), sitting in a chair by the entry door until the wife made it through the slightly less than one hour line, so I could go in to vote.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Voted on the 25th as well, got there at 7:45am (polls open at 8) and was out just before 8:30am. My wife voted this morning (same location), she got there at 7:30 and was out at 8:30.
    On a side note, on the 25th I was told that the Castle Hills location was walk in, walk out. Not sure if that change since, but might be worth a look if you are still going to vote.

btw- My location was allowing disabled and some elderly to go ahead of the line.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    shortround,

IF you are disabled, we EO do NOT want you to stand in line even for 5 minutes.= We would much prefer to vote the disabled voters at CURBSIDE & NO it's not an "imposition" upon us. - We are prepared, at every voting place, to quickly come to curbside to vote you.
    (YES, I should have pointed that out on this thread.)

Reference "Southside" & possible voter intimidation: The precinct, where I am the Presiding Judge, is IN Southside & we have had ZERO problems of that sort in the 6 years that I have served as an EO in that area.
    (That specific area is about 70% Latino, with the rest of the residents about equally divided between A-A & Caucasian persons.)

I believe that main reasons that we have had NO overt problems of that sort is because:
    1. We have representatives of many of both major political parties & of the different candidates onsite all day, so there are many witness to misbehavior by any possible "disruptors".
    2. Our EO staff is a diverse combination of ethnic & religious persons:
    A. My Associate Judge is Latino, fluent in Spanish & Roman Catholic.
    B. Our Senior Clerk is African-American & A.M.E..
    C. Our Junior Clerk is female, Latino/Apache, fluent in Spanish & "Non-religious".
    &
    D. I'm of English/Scots/Amer-Indian ancestry & Baptist.
    (Additionally, we normally have at least 3 "student interns"/pages, from the HS, at our polling place.)
    3. The ISD police officers are polite/helpful/watchful for "possible problems" & "check in with us" several times during Election Day.
    and
    4. The school teachers, principal & staff are always nearby, too.

A personal comment: I believe after 8 years as a EO in Bexar County, that the vast majority of "complaints about voter intimidation" hare are largely "common gossip" & nothing more than that.

just my OPINIONS, satx

9uc

Bible/Gun carrying Christian Conservative
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2015
    Humble, TX
    shortround,

IF you are disabled, we EO do NOT want you to stand in line even for 5 minutes.= We would much prefer to vote the disabled voters at CURBSIDE & NO it's not an "imposition" upon us. - We are prepared, at every voting place, to quickly come to curbside to vote you.
    (YES, I should have pointed that out on this thread.)

Reference "Southside" & possible voter intimidation: The precinct, where I am the Presiding Judge, is IN Southside & we have had ZERO problems of that sort in the 6 years that I have served as an EO in that area.
    (That specific area is about 70% Latino, with the rest of the residents about equally divided between A-A & Caucasian persons.)

I believe that main reasons that we have had NO overt problems of that sort is because:
    1. We have representatives of many of both major political parties & of the different candidates onsite all day, so there are many witness to misbehavior by any possible "disruptors".
    2. Our EO staff is a diverse combination of ethnic & religious persons:
    A. My Associate Judge is Latino, fluent in Spanish & Roman Catholic.
    B. Our Senior Clerk is African-American & A.M.E..
    C. Our Junior Clerk is female, Latino/Apache, fluent in Spanish & "Non-religious".
    &
    D. I'm of English/Scots/Amer-Indian ancestry & Baptist.
    (Additionally, we normally have at least 3 "student interns"/pages, from the HS, at our polling place.)
    3. The ISD police officers are polite/helpful/watchful for "possible problems" & "check in with us" several times during Election Day.
    and
    4. The school teachers, principal & staff are always nearby, too.

A personal comment: I believe after 8 years as a EO in Bexar County, that the vast majority of "complaints about voter intimidation" hare are largely "common gossip" & nothing more than that.

just my OPINIONS, satx

Well said, and thank you! As my "disability" is hopefully temporary, I appreciated the help I received yesterday from one of the polling officers. He spotted me sitting out side, came out and ask me to come inside in the A/C and wait for the wife in far more comfort. I made sure to thank all for their service lls before I left.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    9uc,

On behalf of the thousands of EO, who volunteer to manage the elections, we are all PLEASED that you arrived, were quickly/properly served by the polling place staff & voted your preferences.

yours, satx

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    The thread may be specific to Bexar County, however here in Denton County the heavy turnout for early voting is very high. Our norm for early voting is no line, however, I waited in line for 30 min and the court house (our polling place) opened up a field across the street for parking overflow. Based on the demographic of the people in line expect a very heavy Trump vote. Lots of Trump signs started showing up.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Tcruse,

GOOD. - Every EO in TX wants a GREAT turnout each time. = We all spend a great deal of time during the year training, preparing for the elections, working the polls & then closing down until the next election.
    I think that (at least in this case) that I can speak for all of us & simply say that a "poor turnout" at any election is "disappointing".

I would also tell everyone that we need MORE dedicated EO in almost every county. = Our forum members may want to consider volunteering to help.

yours, satx

Last edited:
    Top Bottom