Hurley's Gold

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR: VOTE DURING EARLY VOTING.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don't think for a minute that I will drive the 15 miles to the South Side to vote at a less visited polling place when I know I will get my ass kicked because I am Anglo.

Be well.
    I am pretty sure that would not be the reason someone administered an ass kicking to you.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji,

At least in our Southside precinct, NOBODY gets "Intimidated" or suffers a beating or any other "unfortunate consequences" for voting. = "Quiet & rather peaceful" pretty well describes our little piece of Bexar County.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

Ms. Jackie Callahan, "the big boss" of Bexar County Elections, was on TV while ago & said that about 25% of the total of 1.4 million registered voters have already voted.

yours, satx

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    I don't normally defend SATX, but he's already made a list to a user explaining that he could vote from his vehicle if unable to get inside the polling station.

So maybe you should read a little closer before telling him what he should do as an election official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No where in this O.P.'s post on this thread was there any mention of voter assistance, nor is it reasonable to expect a respondent to a thread to have read every previous post by an election official using his TGT moniker.

"He's already made a list to a user explaining that he could vote from his vehicle if unable to get inside the polling station".

You call voters USERS? And where was that statement in this post?

Be well & good night!

"

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    No where in this O.P.'s post on this thread was there any mention of voter assistance, nor is it reasonable to expect a respondent to a thread to have read every previous post by an election official using his TGT moniker.

"He's already made a list to a user explaining that he could vote from his vehicle if unable to get inside the polling station".

You call voters USERS? And where was that statement in this post?

Be well & good night!

"
    No, genius, he is calling a member here a user. As in user of this site.

Yep, reasonably sure your lack of melanin would not be the reason someone decided to whip your ass.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hoji; All,

As a 4 decades plus experienced EO, I am supposed to be able to explain things relative to Texas Elections Procedures so simply that even a 6-10 YO child can understand the laws/regulations/procedures after reading my comments.
    (Obviously I didn't do a complete/through job this time. = MEA CULPA.)

IF any member of this forum wants/needs a further explanation of Early Voting or any other issue relative to the 2016 General Election, I'll try to help you.

NOTE: Ms. Callahan (our overall boss) said this afternoon on TV to TRY to avoid the LAST DAY of Early Voting OR Election Day, if possible. = The Boss said that both days will be "difficult" & "with long waits" to vote.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hoji; All,

As a 4 decades plus experienced EO, I am supposed to be able to explain things relative to Texas Elections Procedures so simply that even a 6-10 YO child can understand the laws/regulations/procedures after reading my comments.
    (Obviously I didn't do a complete/through job this time. = MEA CULPA.)

IF any member of this forum wants/needs a further explanation of Early Voting or any other issue relative to the 2016 General Election, I'll try to help you.

NOTE: Ms. Callahan (our overall boss) said this afternoon on TV to TRY to avoid the LAST DAY of Early Voting OR Election Day, if possible. = The Boss said that both days will be "difficult" & "with long waits" to vote.

yours, satx

You've done a fine job, and I have no doubt that if a new member, or anyone else, asked the same question about having difficulty getting in to the polling station you would give the full detailed explanation of how to get curbside service once again without the slightest hint of frustration or impatience.

Some people are just going to bitch no matter what.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wife voted this morning and did her part to keep Hillary out.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

As of this afternoon at 1700, Ms. Callahan said that we broke the all-time record for early voting in Bexar County. - 375,000 plus votes with one more day to go.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I congratulate everyone who was wise enough to vote early in Bexar County & elsewhere. - Yesterday, I was "called in" to replace a lady who became ill at one of the polling places here in the county & we averaged 67 votes per hour from 0700-2000 hours.

Btw, we had a disabled 78YO lady, who arrived with her granddaughter, who told me that this was her FIRST time to vote.
    (She is a NEW CITIZEN, as of FEB 2016 & the new naturalized citizens ALL vote every election.)

yours, satx

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I went last Friday morning. I waited 45 minutes. Glad to get it out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

A final comment: We Bexar County voters can be PROUD that we got out 57% of the REGISTERED VOTERS of our county by the time that the polls closed at 1900, 08NOV16. = WOO HOO.

yours, satx

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    A final comment: We Bexar County voters can be PROUD that we got out 57% of the REGISTERED VOTERS of our county by the time that the polls closed at 1900, 08NOV16. = WOO HOO.

Am I reading that correctly - are you saying that only 57% of all registered voters in the county actually voted?

Top Bottom