• ...and so much more!
  • mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Apparently there was a guy in a local Walmart walking around with a rifle (and looks like a 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys). Seems to have caused a lot of panic. Does constitutional/open carry include something like this?

This was taken by someone who was there.

IMG_0545.jpeg

Last edited:

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    In Texas a rifle or shotgun is not a handgun and can be carried, even into bars, and the 51% alcohol rule does not apply to long guns.

However, businesses can tell you to leave, and it can become trespassing.

Hunting lodges/bars are not as big as they used to be.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    In Texas a rifle or shotgun is not a handgun and can be carried, even into bars, and the 51% alcohol rule does not apply to long guns.

However, businesses can tell you to leave, and it can become trespassing.

Hunting lodges/bars are not as big as they used to be.
    Also 30.05 and "No Firearms" signage are valid no long gun signs. I think it is now illegal to carry a long gun in a 51% bar.

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

I grew-op in an always OC legal area. we often carried even as kids, and few paid any attention to it.

During the intervening years, a false stigma was attached to ALL firearms ownership, and many quit the legal practice over “public disapproval”. Indeed, some jurisdictions, like the gun-friendly Florida, even made O C illegal.

This has left the general public with distrust and uneasiness around armed citizens.

One extremely important facet, which I can’t recall being covered here is this: The public needs to become re-accustomed to seeing armed people. Normal looking, non-threatening everyday men & women. People going about their daily activities.

In recent years, in Texas & other places, most OC’ers I’ve seen in public places have been poorly dressed, unkempt youngish men.

The public should see better-dressed folks, neater, carrying as they go about their daily activities. This should re-acclimate folks to the fact that they are often surrounded by armed non-criminal Citizens, whether they know it, or not.

We cannot allow our RIGHTS to be diminished by the foolish opinions of a multitude of Karens.

The few times I have OC’d lately, I’m sometimes asked if I were a LEO. I smile & say no, just an old retired Doc who once was a US Army Captain, but my Son is a career LEO. Everyone seems satisfied with that.

Let’s all try to make other folks become comfortable.

leVieux

Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    And why is that? I mean, I can understand consumption being illegal while carrying. But purchasing too?

Did I miss that somewhere?
    Neither is illegal. I think the comment about him purchasing BL being illegal was just a joke.
    And whoever told you that consuming while carrying is illegal does not understand the Texas Penal Code and misinformed you. It might be illegal in a few other states but not in Texas.

Top Bottom