• jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    <>

Yes, sadly, some on our side, but with very poor judgemet, insisted on carrying their military style rifles into restaurants.

This caused great backlash.

Results include the confusing Texas sign-prohibition laws, which have hurt us all.

Folks asked, quite reasonably; ”Who are these people and why do they feel need to carry rifles in restaurants?”

Threats often produce results opposite of those intended.

<>
    Just about every rifle on the market is or was used by the military. So, what rifle should be carried when? And what about those with no skills at all with a handgun? What are they allowed to carry in your world? Or should they just accept their fate and be a willing victim?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    No. Open Carry Texas was almost the reason we didn't get open and Constitutional carry...
    If we did things the way everyone who is so bothered by them wanted, we still wouldn’t have either.
    <>

Well, I didn’t and stil don’t see it that way. IIf anything, That group interfered with the legal improvements.

The issue wasn’t about “permission”, but about adverse public perceptions.

For decades earlier I’ve seen hunters take both rifles & shotguns into Texas cafes for lunch w/o any problem. It was the way that bunch did it; or, was media portrayed as doing it.

We don’t have to agree, it is just opinion.

<>
    not sure how they interfered. Neither was getting the necessary traction prior to them. You’re right that in the past things were different. but things changes for the worse, mainly in the big cities before OCT came around.

Reactions: gll

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Also 30.05 and "No Firearms" signage are valid no long gun signs. I think it is now illegal to carry a long gun in a 51% bar.

Yes, businesses have a right to decide and if told to leave you must. I was not aware that the 51% sign now includes firearms and no longer handguns. I used to only prohibit handguns in places that had 51% requirements.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    In Texas a rifle or shotgun is not a handgun and can be carried, even into bars, and the 51% alcohol rule does not apply to long guns.

However, businesses can tell you to leave, and it can become trespassing.

Hunting lodges/bars are not as big as they used to be.
    The 51% unfortunately does apply to rifles now as of the changes in the law that came with permitless carry.

Last edited:

jjkukla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Richwood
    Neither is illegal. I think the comment about him purchasing BL being illegal was just a joke.
    And whoever told you that consuming while carrying is illegal does not understand the Texas Penal Code and misinformed you. It might be illegal in a few other states but not in Texas.
    I wasn't trying to imply that any consumption is illegal, I know there's a BAC threshold when carrying. Which is what prevented me from carrying for years because I regularly over-consumed. One perk of being sober for 7.5 years is more opportunity to carry a piece!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    <>

See this:

brandish​

1 of 2

verb

bran·dish ˈbran-dish

brandished; brandishing; brandishes
    Synonyms of brandish
    transitive verb
    : to shake or wave (something, such as a weapon) menacingly
    brandished a knife at them

: to exhibit in an ostentatious or aggressive manner
    brandishing her intellect

brandish
    2 of 2

noun

: an act or instance of waving something menacingly or exhibiting something ostentatiously or aggressively : an act or instance of brandishing

Great, you can post a dictionary definition of a word. That and a dollar may get you a candy bar out of a vending machine.

Now, to make your "point" pertinent to this discussion, find the word "brandishing" in Chapter 446 of the Texas Penal Code...

We'll wait...

OK, it's late and I'll be easy on you. It's not there. So, bantering around a word which doesn't have any meaning or definition in the Texas Penal Code is an utter waste of time for all.

So, instead of simple dictionary definitions, how about posting links to the ACTUAL LAWS so we can believe there is some fact to your claims!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I wasn't trying to imply that any consumption is illegal, I know there's a BAC threshold when carrying. Which is what prevented me from carrying for years because I regularly over-consumed. One perk of being sober for 7.5 years is more opportunity to carry a piece!
    I don’t believe there is a BAC threshold when carrying a firearm in Texas. I think it’s set up to if you’ve been drinking at all and are behaving like an armed asshole, illegal carry can be charged on top of your assholeness.

Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    It's legal, but...
    rittenhouse JPEG.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    The 51% unfortunately does apply to rifles now as of the changes in the law the came with permitless carr.
    <>

Sadly, the TEXAS Legislature has historically been prone to major blunders, then only meets on alternate years to repair their errors.

I’m always amazed at how something can be conclusively proved UNTRUE & “FALSE”, yet so many adamantly continue to believe it.

<>

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    <>

Well, I didn’t and stil don’t see it that way. IIf anything, That group interfered with the legal improvements.

The issue wasn’t about “permission”, but about adverse public perceptions.

For decades earlier I’ve seen hunters take both rifles & shotguns into Texas cafes for lunch w/o any problem. It was the way that bunch did it; or, was media portrayed as doing it.

We don’t have to agree, it is just opinion.

<>
    YEAH A LONG GUN MIGHT BE NEEDED TO FURTHER KILL THE MEAL THE CAFE SERVED!

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I don’t believe there is a BAC threshold when carrying a firearm in Texas. I think it’s set up to if you’ve been drinking at all and are behaving like an armed asshole, illegal carry can be charged on top of your assholeness.
    The definition of intoxication for handgun carry as well as for driving is exactly the same. If you have a 0.08BAC you ARE legally intoxicated for both driving and handgun carry. If you are lower than 0.08BAC you MAY be intoxicated by the legal definition for both. The statute says the standard is the same.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The definition of intoxication for handgun carry as well as for driving is exactly the same. If you have a 0.08BAC you ARE legally intoxicated for both driving and handgun carry. If you are lower than 0.08BAC you MAY be intoxicated by the legal definition for both. The statute says the standard is the same.
    BUT PEOPLE HSVE BEEN CONVICTED ODWI AT LOWER THAN.08BAC

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kennethreyes
    Top Bottom